I'm not certain the hotel is worth its price of admission but that's for the mechanics of supply and demand to determine. What I am certain of is the following:
1. Our first room had poor plumbing. The toilet flushed inconsistently and the shower's stream of water was weak at best. To their credit, the hotel staff moved us to a different room immediately. That aside, that's not what I would have expected from a hotel of this supposed quality.
2. The hotel is cheap. The somewhat limited buffet comes without fruit juice, which is an additional charge. Really?
3. The hotel is cheap. Room service attracted an 18% fee and an additional $3 service fee according to my partner. Really?
4. From a positive perspective, the hotel's staff were excellent: extremely accommodating; wonderfully mannered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At our Carmel Ca. hotel you will find a quaint, yet stylish setting with an array of gracious amenities that include a heated pool, fitness center and the "Fuse" restaurant. We’ve truly created a destination within a destination. Additionally, we offer fantastic facilities for weddings, business meetings, retreats and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carmel Mission Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmel Mission Hotel Carmel