Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$392
US$362
US$301
Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$160
ComfortInn
US$249
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
US$576
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$150
Orbitz.com
Coachman's Inn, A Four Sisters Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$375
US$722
  • Pool
1,763 results
All reviewsgas stationbarnyard shopping centerthe crossroadsfrom scratchrio grillrio roadcarmel missionpool and hot tubshort drivebig surbuffet breakfastfire pitpoint loboscarmel by the seahotel restaurantconvenient locationroad trip
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I've stayed at a few places in Carmel and the Carmel Valley, and I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice the Carmel Mission Inn is for its price. It doesn't quite earn the 4 star rating - but comes pretty close. The hotel is situated in a great location for getting into Carmel, down to Big Sur, or up to Monterey. It is tucked away from the road and was very quiet. The room was clean, the bedding was fresh, and amenities in the bathroom. The gardens are beautiful and well kept. I was there for a conference during the week, so I don't know how it is on the weekends (noise-wise). The older hotels with cinder-block walls are being re-discovered for their quiet rooms - none of those modern paper thin walls! With the current management in charge I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Also, for us dog owners, the pet fee is very reasonable.

Room Tip: I was on a budget for my trip, but I wouldn't mind going back and staying in one of the rooms with the outdoor patios that has a western view. It must be wonderful at sunset.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I'm not certain the hotel is worth its price of admission but that's for the mechanics of supply and demand to determine. What I am certain of is the following:
1. Our first room had poor plumbing. The toilet flushed inconsistently and the shower's stream of water was weak at best. To their credit, the hotel staff moved us to a different room immediately. That aside, that's not what I would have expected from a hotel of this supposed quality.
2. The hotel is cheap. The somewhat limited buffet comes without fruit juice, which is an additional charge. Really?
3. The hotel is cheap. Room service attracted an 18% fee and an additional $3 service fee according to my partner. Really?
4. From a positive perspective, the hotel's staff were excellent: extremely accommodating; wonderfully mannered.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wandering_Rick
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

It was my 21st birthday and my boyfriend surprised me on a trip to carmel and we staryed here it was very quiet and peaceful close to gas station and a safeway were we got my cake really close to the beach to it was an amazing stay and we had the king room with private balcony

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The staff here was wonderful, but the hotel itself was very dated. It's obvious that they've been doing renovations, but the hotel isn't quite there yet. The pool/ hot tub was nice, but the pool wasn't clean. I didn't really feel like the rooms were super clean and comfortable, but you get what you pay for. The location was convenient. I don't know that I'd recommend this hotel, but I would recommend it as a backup option.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Megan M
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A nice property a little away from downtown Carmel (5 min by car) but next to a large shopping area with a Safeway, Starbucks, gas stations and assorted shops and restaraunts. Pool and hot tub and nice staff make this a good place to stay. The rooms are large enough, clean and well furnished.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family