“Happy to stay here”

Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights with our dog. The hotel was very nice and clean, same with our room. I didn't know what to expect with a dog friendly hotel, but it was nicer than expected. The room was nice with modern updates and they had an awesome happy hour (free buffet appetizer bar with alcoholic drink purchase). There were stores within walking distance, but the beach and the main downtown shopping area were not. There were also little trails around the property we could take our dog. Overall, great hotel, would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NikG43
guestservicecarmel, Guest Relations Manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

When someone states that ours is a “great hotel" we are truly humbled. I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of our happy hour offering which many say is the best in Monterey. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Remember when making your reservations to get the best rates and packages call our hotel direct or visit the website.

There are newer reviews for Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe

Reviewed 8 June 2014

An upgraded holiday inn and someone has taken the time to do some great gardening, if you like flowers this is a venue worth considering. Pleasant rooms, the usual amenities. Beds are standard double which takes a bit of adjusting to as my wife and use a super king. The dining room is fine, standard breakfast, service normal. The bar is expensive: the USA seems to load ice into everything even a gin and tonic, is this a ploy to reduce the amount of drink actually served?

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed one night at the Carmel Mission Inn while travelling from San Francisco to LA. The city of Carmel was a recommendation by some friends, this is a really nice town to visit with many picturesque shops, restaurants and a nice beach - too cold in April to go swimming, though.

The Carmel Mission Inn is a bit outside of the city center, but it is only a 5 min drive so this was no problem. The hotel has more a Motel feeling, it seems like a modernised Motel.The Check in was very nice and efficient, we did not pre-book any breakfast but we were offered a continental breakfast for 10$ each which we accepted. There was no bell service so we took the elevator up to the fourth floor.

The room itself was ok, it was not too spacious, we had reserved a room on the upper floor, but the view was towards the parking lot and the waste bins, a view towards the pool would have been a bit more interesting. The room was clean but not very cosy. The bed was comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was great, good choice, nice breakfast room, nice staff.

All in all, ok for an overnight stay but it certainly does not compare to many other charming Hotels that are in the city centre.

Room Tip: upper floor with view to the pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnkeMarita
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here last year for a destination wedding - wasn't the best deal, but it seemed to be the going rate for the area. The hotel was a little on the older site, could use an upgrade/renovation, but it was generally nice. The front staff were nice, and the cleaning ladies were prompt and efficient. Overall, a nice stay in a gorgeous city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
1  Thank IcedUpSquirrel
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My son got married in Carmel and we chose Carmel Mission Inn because of its central location; I am so glad we did! The service was excellent and the staff was very attentive; especially Stefany the manager of the Fuse Lounge. From the moment I spoke to her on the phone I felt as if I had known her for years! When we met in person, the day before the wedding, she greeted me with a big smile and hug; she is a lovely person and a true asset to the Inn! Stefany went out of her way to make our weekend special. She even set-up a special room for us to host a breakfast for guests the day after the wedding. Manuel our server was patient, polite, and helpful to all our guests at the breakfast as well; a very nice young man! I received so many compliments from friends who stayed there that weekend, as well as from outside guests that joined us for breakfast who wished they had stayed there. You will love your stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

After checking out a number of Carmel accommodations on-line, I decided to stay at the Carmel Mission Inn on my drive up the Central Coast. At check-in there was a little confusion about my reservation (I had booked through travelocity) but was quickly cleared up when I provided my email confirmation information. We were asked if we wanted to purchase the full american breakfast buffet at check in and decided that we did. Our double queen room was on the 2nd floor with a view to the pool. I really like the retro-mod decor of the hotel and our room. The room was quiet and comfortable and we got a great nights sleep. The breakfast buffet was fabulous with lots of choices and excellent fresh fruits. I was surprised when I asked about orange juice and was told that it could be ordered for an additional $8 which seemed very strange. I declined and instead selected several fresh cut slices of orange from the fruit platter. Overall I was very happy with my brief stay at the Carmel Mission Inn and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This used to be a Holiday Inn and in 1969, we made our first trip there after our wedding. Today, it is renovated into an even more beautiful venue. We have stayed here 3 times and thoroughly enjoy the Inn and surrounding restaurants. A must stop on Highway 1.

• Stayed: August 2013