“Prepaid Breafast”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Houston, Texas
“Prepaid Breafast”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We liked the hotel, decor, comfy beds, nice showers, and location.
The one down point for us was breakfast. We prepaid $12 for buffet breakfast to find that did not include juice which was an additional $4 so be aware. We have travelled many places around the US and world and never have we been charged extra for juice in a buffet price.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked this hotel at very last moment while sitting in their parking lot using "Hotels Tonight". I was amazed by the deal I got and how nice the room was. The toiletries they use are really wonderful and I am really picky about what I put on my skin!! It's very cute, but it's not in the main part of town which I guess accounts for the lower price. There are however tons of cute shops and a market within walking distance. Breakfast costs extra, but I ate like royalty for $10. If I had known that Carmel was known for breakfast/brunch places, I probably would have skipped it, but I really enjoyed what I ate here. They are pet friendly which always gets bonus points with me. You can walk your dog safely and leisurely in this area. On State street, there were just too many dogs and it was kind of a hassle having to deal with them. I think Carmel & Santa Barbara are the 2 most dog-friendly towns I've ever been to. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: I find if I have a dog with me I get restricted to ground floor rooms near exits. Works for me.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Somewhat disappointed. I love the concept of renovated motels, but this one fell short. Receptionist was a bit short when she did not understand my question. Nice large room on the top floor, with balcony overlooking the pool. But with horrid textured plastered walls, which dominated the room. Very gloomy wall papered bathroom. The electrics were frustrating, could not find the wall switch as I entered the room at night! Good location for a quick overnight stop, next to HW 1, with a great fish shop/restaurant across the street in the mall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank minajack
San Bruno, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, cozy and contemporary. Our pet friendly room was on the ground floor, so the parking lot was outside the window, but it's a fairly quiet hotel so closing the blackout drapes was sufficient. Nice location outside of busy downtown Carmel, but next to The Barnyard and Crossroads shopping Centers.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Love this place.
Last stayed 16 yrs ago(!) on honeymoon.Remember relaxing in the outdoor hot tub and enjoying the view.
Reception very friendly and helpful.
V pleasant, retro- style foyer.
Rooms clean, comfortable.
Hot tub still there-had to be revisited after the great value breakfast,lovely pool with towels provided-enjoyed this time with our 2 children.
Will return !!

Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were traveling with a dog, and had low expectations of this place - we initially chose it simply because it was dog friendly. It was awesome! The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated and clean. The dog was welcome everywhere - including the happy hour fire pit out front, and even on the pool deck. (There is even a little Scandinavian restaurant walking distance that has good human food, AND a dog menu!) Great pool - with floaties. The breakfast buffet was OK; we did it for 1 morning because it was easy. (Eggs, bacon/sausage, biscuits/gravy, fresh fruit, french toast). It was kind of weird that milk/juice is not included in the price (but coffee/hot chocolate are). This was a fun stay - we will be back.

Room Tip: Upper rooms facing the lobby have a nice hillside view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We came to Carmel to visit Point Lobos. Carmel Mission Inn is about 5 minutes from there. We were pleased with the room. It was comfortable, quiet, and clean. There were 2 chairs on our balcony and a refrigerator under the TV. There is a restaurant and bar on site.
I called ahead a few days to request 2 box lunches to take to Point Lobos with us. Stefanie is the restaurant manager at Carmel Mission Inn and she is fantastic. She was so accommodating and friendly we were really impressed. She treated us like friends rather than hotel guests she had never met. Our lunches were ready on time and just as we had ordered.
We stayed 2 nights and had dinner there both nights and breakfast there both mornings. It was so convenient and the food was good. One night the dinner was even free because they had a deal where dinner was free if you bought drinks.
I would have loved to spend more time here and visit more of Carmel. We did enjoy our visit to Point Lobos tremendously and we also drove to see McWay Falls at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
guestservicecarmel, Guest Relations Manager at Carmel Mission Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thanks for your review of the Carmel Mission Inn. Point Lobos is a must-see when visiting the Carmel area. We are very proud of our hard-working, dedicated staff and I’m glad Stephanie was able to make your stay even more enjoyable. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please remember to contact the hotel direct for the best rates and service.