“Excellent night's sleep”

Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 24 April 2009

We stayed one night during our trip down the California coast. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. I especially liked the individual reading lights at each side of the bed which enabled one person to stay up reading without waking the other person. I usually tend to wake up when sleeping in hotels because of unfamiliar noises; however, I didn't hear any noise from our room and slept the entire night without interruption. The staff was helpful. The exercise room was adequate. Beautiful gardens.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
guestservicecarmel, guest service manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2009

We appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. Our recent renovation has been very well received and we are glad you were able to enjoy our hotel. Your comments will be passed along and we look forward to serving you again when you visit our area.

Reviewed 23 April 2009

Just arrived back from a roadtrip on Highway 1 (and back down the 101) and wanted to drop a few comments about this hotel. It's a great place to stop and was extremely welcoming after a few hours driving. The staff were exceedingly friendly (in a very genuine way) and the rooms were great. Bright contemporary decor with great blue mood lighting above the bed.

Location is very good and it's very easy to find as it sits on Highway 1. Of course doing the road trip meant we had a car therefore it wasn't difficult for us to get into town (the hotel's a mile or so out of the centre of town), that said I don't think a cab into town would be that expensive.

There's also a few restaurants within a 2 minute walking distance of the hotel along with plenty of shops. The spa and pool are really welcome too!!

We really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2009

Just got back from Carmel Mission Inn, and wanted to give this hotel a glowing review. The staff are all extremely friendly and hospitable! They all went above and beyond to make our stay special. The hotel is clean, nice pool and jacuzzis, beautiful courtyard, nice bar, and lovely landscaping. Our only concern during the stay was we were told on the phone that they served a "cook to order" breakfast, but it was a buffet. Our kids weren't happy with the buffet, so they let us order off the menu. We'd definitely stay again if the breakfast returns to "cook to order." Many thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarieZB
Reviewed 13 April 2009

Within 3 weeks I planned a carmel beach wedding. I searched around on the internet to find accomodations for my guests at a reasonable rate. I found the Carmel Mission Inn. Because oftentimes pictures can be deceiving, I actually made a trip from Fresno (3 hours) and checked it out in person prior to booking. I was very pleased! When approaching the Inn I was a bit hesitant because of the "mature" look of the structure, however once arriving to the grounds it was awesome! The rooms are newly decorated and clean! The greenery and flowers were beautiful! I also was assisted by Kansas W (event coordinator) who tirelessly answered my emails and helped accomodate my venue. We rented a banquet room off the patio, and were able to enjoy the fireplaces outside for our reception. The pool was clean and warm, and the kids had a ball! Every one of our guests, even as far as from NY were pleased. The lounge was nice to have evening cocktails in and listen to the music by the fire. There is two laptops accessible to the guests in which we could check our emails. There is a great shopping center directly behind the Inn we were able to walk too. There are a few restaurants, and a flower shop, and other clothiers. I could go on and on... without a doubt you should try the Mission Inn - great value and exceptional service and accomodations! We will be back soon! M & A Isolano

Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank Calisolano
guestservicecarmel, guest service manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2009

The management staff at the Carmel Mission Inn wanted to thank you for reviewing our hotel. We will pass your comments along as we strive to continually improve our guest satisfaction. We are please that you discovered many of the conveniences our location offers. The recent addition of live music on weekends has become extremely popular with hotel guests and locals. We look forward to serving your needs whenever you visit the area.

Reviewed 10 April 2009

This was a nice hotel. It's not in Carmel-by-the-Sea. But it's within a 5 minute car drive. There's also a strip mall behind it - VERY easy walking distance. We brought our 80 lb. dog. Even though he wasn't allowed in the dining room of course, the hotel staff was very nice about setting a table in the courtyard for us - where our dog could join us. The room was nice. I'd say at or almost the same level as a Hilton. But just decorated more uniquely. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kengyen
guestservicecarmel, Guest Service Manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2009

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Carmel is well know as a pet friendly area and we by try to be sensitive to the needs of those traveling with their pets. We appreciate your business and hope you choose us again when traveling to our beautiful area.

Reviewed 4 April 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights and loved it. Right across the street is a Safeway. My room had a refrigerator, so I could buy breakfast and picnic groceries. Very quiet and very clean. Loved the room decor and L'Occitane products. It's just a short drive to downtown Carmel and close to Monterey Bay Aquarium, the 17-mile drive, Hwy. 1. Free wi-fi, too! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank northfieldmn
joyboyMonterey, general manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2009

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments will be shared with the staff and we always welcome feedback from our valued guests. I'm please that our location provided you with a comfortable experience. We look forward to seeing you again and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 6 March 2009

Not a bad place but it's located right on Route 1 and 2 miles from centre of Carmel. Great cooked breakfast available in the morning. Nice swimming pool too. If staying in Carmel again I'd go for one of the inns in the centre of the town next time.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
guestservicecarmel, general manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2009

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Guest service is our top priority and we constantly strive to improve your experience. We look forward to seeing you again.