“wont go there again”

Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I stayed on business at this retro Hotel at the mouth of the valley because fellow employees had suggested it. They must be joking the hotel is old to stating the obvious probably built in the 60,s there wireless signal was low to know signal in my room, as stated I was on business when I called the front desk they could offer no help with connecting they did offer me the lobby stating that it had a great signal I was sick of the lack of customer service and lack of knowledge on the evening staffs part of local attractions. I was told talk to erick or marc. Which were not there next time I will stay in
monterey Carmel is done.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank tuttobueno
guestservicecarmel, guest service manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2009

With all the positives listed by many reviews about our hotel let me address the concerns about Internet connectivity. Most savvy and informed travelers are well aware of why speeds can be slow. Those of us with smart phones have undoubtedly faced similar problems with our own carriers which is the result of shared signals. In hotels the wireless signal is shared by a group of users. The more using that shared signal the slower the speed. Signal sharing is also impacted by smart phones within that range. With the proliferation of these devices and heavy computer usage speeds can become spotty. That's why when I travel I simply use my plug in card and secure my own signal. So just remember the family in the next room with 3 i phones and a teenager downloading music is taking up a fair amount of that shared signal. Often times bashing is easy but understanding very difficult.

Reviewed 10 September 2009

Firstly can I point out that me, my wife and my 2 year old son are doing a tour of the States, we generally have been staying in 3-4 star hotels throughout our trip, we had stayed in 14 different hotels/motels prior to our arrival at the Carmel Mission Inn. When we arrived my wife and I looked at each other with a big wide grim and thought "This place is great". It was the best place we have stayed in since arriving in the States. We stayed there 2 weeks ago and are still on the road staying in many different places. We still often discuss how much we liked it in Carmel

As we drove into here we were slightly dubious but our opinions changed almost immediately as we walked into the front desk, the staff were very happy, friendly and professional.

The styling is fantastic, the rooms seemed to be very new and clean, the beds were very comfortable and had that 'in my own bed' feel to them.

We enjoyed sitting out the front of the hotel sharing a bottle of wine by the fire as our little boy played in the spacious courtyard area.

We stayed for 2 nights and actually wished we had stayed longer.

There are plenty of places to eat here is it is sandwiched between two nice shopping plaza's. It was only 5 mins drive into central Carmel were parking was fairly easy and free.

If you are travelling up the Big Sur this is the ideal stopover.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
guestservicecarmel, guest service manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2009

As I read your comments I must say I was proud of our staff and the hard work and dedication that goes into our business. Your expectations seemed to be meet on many levels and for me I'm truly pleased that you enjoyed your time spent with us. We are not perfect and things do go wrong at times but our core values are rock solid. Thanks for your comments which will be passed along to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 September 2009

Stayed there with wife and 3 kids one night on the way south. The hotel was very pleasant, rooms spacious, clean, comfortable and nicely furnished (makes me wonder whether the previous reviewer is really talking about the same hotel?). Had a very welcoming lobby and breakfast room, complete with chimney fire (yes it can be chilly there in august!). Breakfast was also of good quality. Nothing really to complain about but with hindsight I would put more effort into getting accomodation in Carmel proper (this one was actually not my first choice but lots of others were full as they have a big auto show the second week of august - in case you are planning ahead).

Reviewed 6 September 2009

This is clearly a renovated older motel/hotel. The rooms are decorated in lime green and blue and have a definite young, hipster feel. The hotel is right off of Highway 1 and very close to two large, upscale shopping malls which is convenient if you want to walk over and get coffee or something in the morning. The room price we got was reasonable for Carmel but the hotel is not close to downtown Carmel. It's a short drive to the tourist areas and the beach but you definitely need a car to get around. The receptionists were friendly and helpful. The bar serves free appetizers in the evening with the purchase of a drink. Free internet access in the lobby. Nice, older pool and two hot tubs - both open fairly late at night. Free parking. Not super luxurious but a nice place to stay for a few nights. The photos posted by travelers are accurate and a good representation.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2009

I thought it was just ok, we stayed in much nicer hotels on our trip for a lesser price, it looked to me like the room needed a paint job but it did say reno's were completed? The reception staff really need to take a course in reception, no one greeted us, no hello, very strange.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We booked on Priceline.com to make a bid of $100/ night or less for a 3-night stay. The place was HORRIBLE - the door would not close unless you slammed your hip into it and did not have a security latch of any sort- the walls are bare except for a mirror on one - the only thing we could smell was bleach - we assume that was caused by their attempt to cover up odors from allowing dogs. The heater blew directly into our faces on the queen -sized bed and there was no way to adjust the flow. We stayed 1 night, checked-out and decided to check into The Embassy Suites even though we knew we couldn't get a refund because we booked at Priceline (which they were very quick to tell us. Please, do yourself a favor and don't be fooled by the pics on their website - It's not a place you want to go to.

3  Thank ZekeP16
guestservicecarmel, guest service manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2009

Horrible, Disgusting, Hitchcock Film. When I first read this I thought is this person talking about us. In light of the many great comments we get from fair minded, honest people whose feedback we enjoy this makes me wonder. Perhaps that 5 star luxury resort just wasn't delivered. We are not the Four Seasons or Bernardus Lodge. But we are caring, friendly, honest, sincere and what many consider to be one of the best values in this beautiful and popular area. And ladies you can rest assured you will be safe in our rain showers.

Reviewed 25 August 2009

Reasonable price. The hotel was nicer then we expected. Convenient to good resturants and shops. We walked to dinner every night. Walked to get coffee and pasties in the morning. They even had a great farmers market on the property behind the hotel.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple