All reviews pastries bavarian style heated pool dutch doors local bakery top floor continental breakfast bit dated coffee and juice two bedroom suite wet bar the main street view of the ocean quaint hotel two nights few blocks shops and restaurants
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In Hofsas House, I enjoyed a string of joyful moments that filled life with aliveness; without rush and without engines. I loved the cozy and beautiful breakfast hall in Hofsas house. My daughter enjoyed her cupcakes, and my husband loved the utterly butterly delicious Croissant. Not only the fresh food but the warmth of the people touched me too. I met Carrie, the owner and General Manager of Hofsas house and we shared some happy and hearty moments together. She helped me figure out about the places in Carmel. Thank you so much!

Stayed: September 2018
Hofsas, Manager at Hofsas House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the nice review! We're so glad you chose to stay with us and had such a wonderful time! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back, thanks again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

* Review from Australian Guest *

My partner and I stayed here at Hofsas house for 2 nights. Check in was smooth with all information supplied! Parking on site is first come first served basis, But I always got a park and had no issues. Rooms are on 3 levels with no elevators so some stairs are a must. Rooms are turn key locks. Inside the rooms they are furnished in old school Bavarian theme. TV with cable tv channels, coffee making in room. Hair dryer and iron are also a bonus. The shower cubicle is small but provides the needed purpose. The bathroom itself is
large. The hotel has a heated swimming pool , a vending machine , and also an ice machine. The hotel was lovely enough to provide a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine for our special occasion. The hotel isn’t modern or perfect but it is what it is, a lovely Bavarian themed hotel that has been a standout in the community for many years

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and are happy you enjoyed our family-run, Bavarian themed hotel! We hope to welcome you back, thanks again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I think I was expecting more from this hotel. It wasn't bad but I believe it's slightly overpriced even for Carmel standards. I was greeted by a man who asked me my name then went into the back office where I heard him say "I don't deal with foreigners"so that wasn't a great start. The lady who checked me in was pleasant though.

The room was outdated and not very clean, especially the carpet.
The breakfast was served in the small lobby so we had to take the pastries and coffee back to our room to eat on the bed, which was alittle uncomfortable.
Our room was very cold even though we put the heating on, so we weren't comfortable during our two night stay.

On the plus side there's parking and it's within walking distance from everything.
If I ever return to Carmel, I wouldn't stay here again. In my opinion it's overpriced and needs updating.

1  Thank Loren_881
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Yasis, the customer representative made things possible for me. All hotels in the property were sold out, yet she managed to give me a room that fits my budget. Upon checking in, I was amazed with its "Dutch theme." The fireplace in the office kept the place warm enough. Quick checked in and the receptionist was friendly. Lucky to have a space in their parking lot!
The cottage was enough for 2 people. Very clean and amenities are complete. There's sauna in the restroom located in the pool area. Breakfast was provided from local bakery. This house is located at the heart of carmel. With the map provided, everything is just walking distance. With these positive reviews, we finally found the house where we will stay in Carmel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Hofsas, Manager at Hofsas House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

We're so happy you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed the amenities and friendly service too! We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit Carmel, thank you for the review!

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My family has stayed at the Hofsas House for years. We make at least a trip or two to Carmel every year. The Hofsas is our go to place. We are horrible travelers and they still love us. We book at the last minute. We want a reasonable price. We bring our geriatric dog and sometimes too loud son with us. He isn’t really loud, but he does raid the free breakfast pastries with much gusto. When we checked into the room today, they gave us only one room key. I think that’s because on our last visit my wife lost the other key. Maybe they haven’t got around to making a copy, or they just remember, either way it’s part of the perfect Hofsas House vibe.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Thank D. Michael W

Thank you for the review! We're so happy you have been staying with us for years and that you always have a great visit! We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back!