“A wonderful memory”
Review of Los Laureles Lodge

Los Laureles Lodge
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I went here with a friend who had made this his home away from home in the 1960's. It was full of memories for him and the changes and improvements made over the years made it a very wonderful memory for us to share. We had a quiet drink on the porch in front of our room before going over to the resturant for a great meal on the patio by the fire. Finished off the night in the bar where we were joined by two couples who we made friends with easily. Turned out to be another retired San Fransico policeman, just like my friend! Such good times and a great overnight stay!

Room Tip: Our courtyard room was private and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank J R
There are newer reviews for Los Laureles Lodge

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stumbled upon Los Laurels after an article in Sunset magazine. Quaint and charming (thanks Les and Mike!!). Add on the wine tasting and restaurant package - it's well worth it. We were not expecting the restaurant to be SO good (and the service too - thanks Livia!!).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LoriH0903
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We actually didn't stay here, since we live basically across the street (just moved recently), but we have eaten at their restaurant. On my last visit I was entertaining my parents who are very particular about food and location, and they loved both. Who wouldn't? This is not only a lovely place to visit but is also a historical landmark as the first hotel/restaurant in the area, over 100 years old (or so I am told, I may not be totally accurate about that). I've eaten in the main dining area, which is very pretty and overlooks the pool and gardens, and on this occasion we ate in a private dining room which is spectacularly beautiful and elegant, not in an overstated way. The service was outstanding. The food was terrific - I had the scallops and they were delicious - everyone feasted and was happy. The view was of the gardens, which the kids had a great time exploring after dinner and playing "jungle".

If you ever want to go swimming, the pool is open for a small day use fee which is $7, only one dollar more than the community pool down the street, and they didn't charge us for the kids (which the community pool does, even the baby). Our three kids were all under three at the time. They don't allow the use of floaties, however, in case your kids are as attached to them as ours are. Something about insurance rates/someone below water who can't surface due to a floatation device. I'm sure water wings are fine. Our twins have horsie inner tubes which they weren't allowed to use. There is a full bar poolside, which the community pool does not have. Aside from the floaties I think it's nicer than the community pool, which is sometimes crowded.

I hear weddings are popular at this location, and other than being right next to CV Road, it is a beautiful location!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank lisa95136
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Close enough to Monterey without having to deal with all the congestion. It was great to wake up and enjoy a cup of coffee while looking out over open space. The kids enjoyed exploring the grounds, finding sticks rocks and other hidden treasures. They also enjoyed the rather large chocolate milks from the restaurant. The staff was very accommodating and family friendly.

We stayed in the Hill House which had all the comforts of home and plenty of room for us to spread out and relax.

Room Tip: Make a phone call, the staff is very helpful.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SJW2002
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Two nights at the Lodge was just what we needed for a getaway. The grounds are beautiful with greenery and flowers everywhere. From the morning breakfast (best granola ever) to the great dinner and casual saloon, we never had to venture out, though we did. As cyclists, the lodge is very bike friendly and though we didn't bring our dogs, they are also pet friendly. Good cycling roads, sunshine, wineries, hiking are all closeby. Fresh flowers in the room was also a plus.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dotttt
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I booked the Lodge over Christmas because my parent's house was full-up with other family members, and I needed a place that let me stay with my dog. When I called to make reservations, they were so nice! I felt like I was being invited into someone's home, and they were genuinely looking forward to seeing me. I got an incredible rate considering that it was Carmel Valley. I like the fact that the Lodge has everything you need but isn't stuffy. My room was larger than expected and very clean, and the staff was so accomodating that even though I wasn't staying at my parent's house for the holidays, I felt fully at "home" while I was on the property. I can't wait to come back!
P.S I accedently left an item behind in my room, and Les found it and shipped it back to me no problem. What great service! If it were another hotel, they wouldn't have bothered. Thanks Les!

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank cafferysue
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I planned a 4-day cycling training camp for me and 30 of my team mates at the Los Laureles Lodge. Mike and Les were so accommodating and friendly during the planning process. When we arrived, they went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed to make our camp fun and successful. The food was great, the rooms were comfortable and cozy and all of the staff were super friendly. They have a great bar area with a fire place and some big TVs - great place to watch the game. We are definitely coming back next year, and I would recommend this place highly. On top of it all, it is a great value!

• Stayed: January 2011
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Carmel Valley Lodge
Carmel Valley Lodge
#1 of 1 in Carmel Valley

Been to Los Laureles Lodge? Share your experiences!