“French Onion Soup,,,,yummy”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6PILOT RD
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Romantic environment, family owned place. I have had soups, salads and sandwiches, all were yummy here. I appreciate the attentive service given our whole group. It has a charming outdoor patio for the warmer days in the valley.

2  Thank ToshaMontereyCA

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We had brunch twice and dinner once at the Vineyard Bistro, each time with one of our basset hounds in their outdoor seating area. For brunch we had eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast. I had the pork tenderloin for dinner and my wife had the filet. Each of the meals was prepared as we requested. Service was prompt, competent and professional. The staff was personable and even got our dog a bowl of water as soon as we placed our orders. The surroundings were quiet and the other diners appeared equally satisfied with their meals.

2  Thank MikeyHagerty
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We picked this restaurant never going there before, as it was presented as dog friendly! We were there for lunch and figured lunch would be a reasonable price. As we entered the restaurant the owner asked to take a picture of the dog and then mentioned to sit where ever we liked. There were only a few people there at the time. We headed towards the back and sat at a table that ended up being very tilted, and didn't realize it until we sat down. We should of moved. A dog bowl of water was brought to the table side. The dog was in heaven! The menu did have quite a few different sandwiches, but at $12 to $14 I thought was a bit much and it better be good! We ordered momosas to celebrate our son's birthday. At $7.50 each I should of ordered orange juice. We had ordered sandwiches and waited and waited and waited and waited for about an hour. We were starving and planned on a hike after, so were getting a little upset. We weren't quite sure what to think, as I said there were hardly any people there. Finally, the waiter came to our table very apologetic and mentioned that our order got messed up and didn't get on the computer, but it would be out shortly. We waited and waited and waited and waited. Finally our food arrived. The calamari sandwich and clubhouse sandwich's were good and with a generous portion of salad. I ordered the salmon panini and the salmon was not cooked, but toasted on rye bread. I was very disappointed and not sure whether I should eat it. I also noticed that the people that arrived right after us didn't receive their food until after us. I guess all the orders got lost. We left after 2 hours very disgusted. Needless to say we won't be back!

1  Thank dist4641
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and I are visiting the Carmel Valley area for just one evening. This restaurant was recommended to us. We had a wonderful dinner here and now we are discussing coming back to this area in the future just so we can eat here again! The food was exceptional, the service was friendly and attentive. The setting was romantic yet casual. We will return!

2  Thank Lynnevs
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We went to this restaurant on a weeknight and have a very well-prepared meal and service. I had the Sand Dabs and my husband had a Veal dish. (The restaurant offering veal was a big draw for my husband since not a lot of restaurants serve it.) My husband nor I wanted the mashed potatoes that both entrees came with but they happily substituted pasta for my husband and I had the vegetarian plate with my fish at no extra charge. The vegetables were plentiful, several different veggies, and very, very fresh. If anything I could say on a less positive note, is that it seemed like all their entrees came with mashed potatoes. Maybe that is what the local clientele prefer but unfortunately, not us.

1  Thank BarbEugene_OR