“Rated Correctly”

Matteo's Pizza & Bistro
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Carmichael
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rio Vista, California
“Rated Correctly”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a nice Pizza/Bistro neighborhood restaurant that deserves its high rating. I found It more bistro than pizza as it had a very nice menu. I ordered the corn beef and cabbage with carrots and potToes. Excellent. Four huge/thick slices of corned beef (had to take three home) and crispy baby carrots, Rosemary roasted potatoes and cabbage that was crispy with a great taste and a crispy bacon or corned beef (couldn't tell) pieces in just the right amount to add some crunch but not to overpower it. I will come here again.

“Great neighborhood joint”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Matteo's is in my neighborhood, so we eat here a lot. Wonderful mussels,good burgers, and the best cheese pizza around. I'm from the east coast so I'm very picky about my pizza. They also have a wine room for private dining parties, and I could not be happier with the overall experience of my party of 15. From menu planning and budget to service and set up, Margo was helpful and my group was well taken care of.

• Visited February 2014
Fair Oaks, California
“Unparalleled wine list”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Matteos is a wonderful neighborhood bistro, featuring seasonal menus and daily specials. On request, you can even have a gluten free pizza. This bistro adheres to a farm to fork attitude, using fresh local produce and meats. My favorite, though, is their special event wine tastings with appetizers, and their wine paired multi course dinners - usually spotlighting specific wineries.
Salad portions are large (I usually order a half size salad). Don't hesitate to let your server know if you have special requests, they are more than happy to accommodate. Their vegetarian smoked portobello sandwich (the tree hugger BLT) is incredible. They probably serve the best gazpacho I have ever had. I so look forward to this seasonal specialty. Of course, when it's not in season, there are always other delicious soups like butternut squash or an earthy mushroom. There is sure to be something for everyone in your party.

• Visited October 2013