“Fun experience dining on patio”

Gar Woods Grill & Pier Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gar Woods Grill & Pier Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front and Center
Transit: All local bus lines drop off and pick up in front of Gar Woods Grill & Pier
Description: Since 1988 Gar Woods Grill & Pier has been the premier North Lake Tahoe waterfront dining destination. Located in Carnelian Bay, our floor to ceiling windows, large deck and balconies provide breath-taking views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierras. Gar Woods Grill & Pier is an upscale casual restaurant that accommodates groups of 160 just as easily as groups of 2. Our Chef has created a menu highlighting California cuisine, hand cut steaks and fresh Pacific seafood, served in our fun in the sun atmosphere. The wine list is a collection of California's best-known vintners featuring more than a dozen wines by the glass. Enjoy Tahoe's warm summer days sitting on our waterfront deck while sipping on a world famous Wet Woody. With nearly two million sold you'll be in good company but come early to get a seat. When visiting during the ski season thaw out in front of our three story tall river rock fireplace with a Warm Woody or a Heavenly bottom. Lake Tahoe sunsets are our specialty.
Roswell, Georgia
“Fun experience dining on patio”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Doesn't get much better than this! A sunny day in late October, fabulous views of the water from the patio, great margaritas and good wine selection by the glass. Staff was very accommodating when we got to hot in the direct sun so they put up the giant fourteen foot umbrellas to make us cooler and more comfortable. Fresh, delicious food followed. I had the fresh fish special of the day and my husband had fresh fish tacos. We totally enjoyed both. We took a walk after lunch on the shore and my husband cut his hand throwing a stick. We went back to the front desk to see if we could get a bandaid. The hostess ran all the way upstairs to get us one. All around wonderful people and experience. Great memory-builder!

• Korean first
California
“Dinner and Drinks”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband had a steak Cobb salad and I had the fish special. My drink was very good as well as the non-alcoholic beer they served.There is a bar and dining room. This is a large restaurant and the view from the patio must be beautiful when the weather is warm.

Visited October 2013
Felton, California
“Nice Lake View”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Outdoor seating allows for a good view of the lake and adjacent beach area. Very busy place. My fish entrée was mediocre but my mates said their food was very good. Can be noisy. Lots of parking because they need it. Pricey!!

St. Louis, Missouri
“Nice locale for a rehearsal dinner”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I came here for a rehearsal dinner. Breathtaking view! The party rooms upstairs are really pretty and are all glassed in. We were served wine or their signature drink, which I forget the name of but was a crazy strong (and good) frozen drink. They were able to make "virgin" versions for the non-drinkers as well.

They started with a selection of cheeses and crackers with baguettes, some hummus and a few other things. It was ok. The baguette was kind of stale.

The salad served was delicious! The dressing, goat cheese, and spiced nuts were a great touch. Very enjoyable.

I got a vegetable pesto pasta for my entree. It was just ok - but had a bunch of huge artichoke hearts and very little pasta in it. I didn't eat much.

The ice cream with berries was a perfect ending. It was a local ice cream and the flavor showed.

California
“Our visit was not as successful as many others”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had a large party here recently. I think we were 26 or so. The service people were excellent and beverage service went off without a hitch. Dinner service was also excellent but the food left something to be desired. Our three entree selection included an ahi dish that was very much below par. The ahi was advertised as rare but it was actually cold inside. In addition, it was not close to sushi grade as it had lots of tough membranes in it. All who selected this dish were unhappy with it. The view, of course, is world class. I rate the large group experience as very good because of the service and ambience and the fact that we had a room upstairs for ourselves.