“grandchildrens delight”
Review of Crushcakes & Cafe

Crushcakes & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Carpinteria
Reviewed 16 October 2013

great food for all the family and also dog friendly as we were able to sit outside and everybody had a great time.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stopped here for lunch. I was worried about the name but it had a very fresh and inviting menu (and cupcakes if you wanted one).

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stop by here often for iced tea because it is served in a glass which I can enjoy on their lovely back patio while using their free WiFi. After reading the mixed reviews about the food on TripAdvisor, I decided to branch out and I'm glad I did. My soyrizo burrito was so flavorful I had no need for salsa like I normally do. The lightly grilled tortilla was stuffed with soyrizo (the vegetarian version of chorizo), perfectly prepared potatoes, cheese and fresh avocado. My large burrito came with fresh sliced fruit, the service was excellent and I even got a refill on my iced tea brought out to me. I heard no complaints about the service or the huge fresh salads and burritos brought out to the tables around me. I will definitely be back to try more of their menu items.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

My review says it all! Our breakfast omelets were under cooked, cold, not served to order, left out the ingredients we paid extra $$ for, with a Family of only 3, our meals were served up 15 minutes apart. Staffs excuse, was a shrug of the shoulders, no apology then walked away.

Owner Manager's comments to us, the staff are kids...they don't know any better, then she gave the excuse we don't have heat lamps like IHOP. The owner did not make an offer to discount our meals or refund our money, but she did give us 3 tiny bite size cupcakes, which were very dry & frosting was to die for... literally, one bite & we spit it out. Most likely last weeks leftovers!

Our family was sickened for a week, with vomiting & diarrhea....!!!

Of course we mentioned this to our family & friends who spread the word within the community in which we live. It was a sad day for Carpinteria...when this establishment opened it's doors, but, we are thankful that TripAdvisor is another way to communicate with Tourists who come for a visit, so please be advised....

I now understand why the Owner Lost Cupcake Wars!!!!!!!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

One of my favorite places to eat in town, Crushcakes has a wide variety of offerings for breakfast, lunch and - of course - dessert. The cupcakes are first rate. If I recall correctly, the owner has one cupcake wars for at least a couple seasons and the cupcakes reflect that caliber of baking. I highly recommend the eponimous Crushcake, which is a chocolate cupcake and the carrot crushcake, which is on the menu as a special at times. It's truly one of the best things I've stuck in my mouth. The breakfast menu (served all day) has everything from egg scrambles to breakfast burritos. The lunch menu has a number of soups, salads and sandwiches for a filling but light lunch. There are a fair number of vegetarian items for those inclined. The coffee is great. It's the only place in town that serves Intelligentsia coffee. The staff is always friendly and pleasant, although the kitchen can be a bit slow during the busier times. But I prefer to wait for great food rather than be served subpar food immediately. I highly recommend Crushcakes!