“Nice spot”

Crushcakes & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Carpinteria
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, Texas
“Nice spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

There isn't a lot in Capinteria to choose from, but this is a nice spot with food as well as cupcakes. I'd definitely recommend for the area.

Visited October 2013

Carpinteria, California, USA
“grandchildrens delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

great food for all the family and also dog friendly as we were able to sit outside and everybody had a great time.

Visited September 2013
Calistoga, California
“Even if you don't want a cupcake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stopped here for lunch. I was worried about the name but it had a very fresh and inviting menu (and cupcakes if you wanted one).

Visited June 2013
Ventura, California
“exceptionally flavorful burrito, great iced tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I stop by here often for iced tea because it is served in a glass which I can enjoy on their lovely back patio while using their free WiFi. After reading the mixed reviews about the food on TripAdvisor, I decided to branch out and I'm glad I did. My soyrizo burrito was so flavorful I had no need for salsa like I normally do. The lightly grilled tortilla was stuffed with soyrizo (the vegetarian version of chorizo), perfectly prepared potatoes, cheese and fresh avocado. My large burrito came with fresh sliced fruit, the service was excellent and I even got a refill on my iced tea brought out to me. I heard no complaints about the service or the huge fresh salads and burritos brought out to the tables around me. I will definitely be back to try more of their menu items.

Visited August 2013
California City, California
“Worst Meal in 62 Years”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My review says it all! Our breakfast omelets were under cooked, cold, not served to order, left out the ingredients we paid extra $$ for, with a Family of only 3, our meals were served up 15 minutes apart. Staffs excuse, was a shrug of the shoulders, no apology then walked away.

Owner Manager's comments to us, the staff are kids...they don't know any better, then she gave the excuse we don't have heat lamps like IHOP. The owner did not make an offer to discount our meals or refund our money, but she did give us 3 tiny bite size cupcakes, which were very dry & frosting was to die for... literally, one bite & we spit it out. Most likely last weeks leftovers!

Our family was sickened for a week, with vomiting & diarrhea....!!!

Of course we mentioned this to our family & friends who spread the word within the community in which we live. It was a sad day for Carpinteria...when this establishment opened it's doors, but, we are thankful that TripAdvisor is another way to communicate with Tourists who come for a visit, so please be advised....

I now understand why the Owner Lost Cupcake Wars!!!!!!!

• Visited September 2012