“Clean, Tidy”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Clean, Tidy”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

For those who dont know, NEVER walk in and pay, ALWAYS book on line, even if its an hour before you arrive. We had no choice but ended up paying almost DOUBLE the on line rate!

The place is clean, tidy and has plenty of free parking. The pool looked very inviting altho we didn't have time to use it. One gripe, its usual policy for this firm to provide only one pillow. At home I have three and despite my reqests, they said they couldn't help. Have neck ache this morning!!!!

There are no refridgerators but you will get a modern room with flat screen tv.

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows on arrival!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed here for one night as it was a cheaper alternative to staying in nearby Santa Barbara. Our room was spotless and we slept very well. We drove to Santa Barbara for dinner which was about 15-20 minutes away. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PurpleHazeUK
San Francisco
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Horrible experience. The room was absolutely beautiful; looked just like the photo's on the website.
I'd requested a quiet room as I was traveling with my son who suffers from a mental illness. I was clear about what I needed in the note section of my reservation.

When my son & I arrived to our room close to 10p (room 269), turned back the sheets, there was what appeared to be big, grain of rice. When I picked it up I realized it wasn't a piece of rice at all. IT WAS A DEAD MAGGOT. I was mortified & so was my son.

The man at the front desk offered to move us, but continued to tell me not to mess up the room we were looking to rest in (room 107). Talk about awesome service. My 12 year old ended sleeping with me for the three days we stayed in the hotel. His full bed sat empty the entire trip. We spent three days checking the sheets, because we were paranoid. Had I not booked the hotel in advanced through 3rd party, we would've stayed else where. Oh, can't forget about the hair we found in our towels & the extremely loud people above us. Sound like kids running & jumping at midnight. Oh & the drunk that tried getting in our room at 2am; guess he was lost. Oh & the charge for internet service. You'd think they'd waive the $2.99 charge.

If you love awful guest service, maggots in your bed, loud people, and hair in your towels, this is the place for you!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Karleen G

Travellers are raving about these Carpinteria hotels

Southern California
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The area around the motel is great. It is about a mile from the beach. We visited the seal sanctuary which was great. There were many newborn pups there and they looked like they were getting swimming lessons from their mothers. There was a docent there to answer questions.

The motel was good especially for the price.

Pros:

1) Area great
2) Good price
3) clean
4) fun modern interior (I liked the fake wood floor since it seemed cleaner than carpet)
5) The interior reminded me of a trip to Europe where we stayed in the motel owned by the same parent company.
6) Check in staff very nice and helpful
7) Quiet at night (I asked for a quiet room). I could hear some road noise though starting at 7am.
8) Large parking lot

Cons:
1) The blankets were very thin and I was very cold. I turned on the heater but I kept having to adjust it all night
2) The railings needed some paint but this is minor.

Overall I liked the motel and will return when I visit the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the highway
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travel_Buff29
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We always check in here when we go to carpinteria for the weekend. We were here jan 2012 and now have second thoughts about staying here again. When i turned down the sheets to get in bed, i found questionable stuff in the sheets. Ok, i'm being too nice. There were spots of feces. Human, animal, i don't know. I rushed to the office and reported it. Luckily, the manager was there and heard my complain. He was very apologetic and professional. Issue was resolved, but i don't think i'll come back again. So gross.

Room Tip: Rooms facing street is quieter than most rooms. Not too busy.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank azpam16
Mount Vernon, Maine
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We had reason to travel to the Santa Barbara area twice in the past year, both at the last minute. This was our first visit to the area and when we made reservations for our first trip, it was high season. Not only were choices limited but what was available was very expensive. It was with trepidation that we decided to try this Motel 6 in Carpinteria. We were very pleasantly surprised. In July of 2011 we stayed for a week with two rooms and this past February we stayed for another 10 days with one room. After spending that much time at the property, we got a true feel for it's value. Honestly, for the money, you just can't beat it. It's not fancy but it is a solid property and much more pleasant than one would expect from a Motel 6. The first time we stayed on the first floor overlooking the courtyard and pool and stepping out of our room each morning was liking stepping out into a garden with all the plants around the pool. The second time we stayed upstairs, again overlooking the courtyard, because of a little bit of noise from the upstairs room the first time. I wish we'd stayed downstairs and kept "our" garden. The motel is well-staffed so that the grounds are kept well cleaned everyday. The rooms were renovated about 4 years ago and make pretty efficient use of space with a modern flair. The flat panel TV is set into the wall with a panel of jacks to hook up a DVD player or laptop. My only complaints would be that the rooms can be a bit stuffy as a result of the building's originally design and the bedspreads tend to show old stains regardless of the number of washings--they need to dump them and pick something else. We kept our window open as far as it would go (about 8") the entire time, even on 40 degree nights. Our first room had a problem with the a/c dripping water onto the floor and they immediately moved us two doors down. Despite the language barrier with the housekeeping staff, they were very pleasant and helpful, always willing to accommodate requests with a smile. Carpinteria is about 15 minutes to SB on the highway (without traffic) but we found the area very charming and much more low key. It seems like every East-West Road ends with the entrance to the beautiful beach. Check out the walking trails off of Carpinteria Avenue, south of the hotel. Walk out to the cliffs and then head north to the overlook point where the seals come in every night--be there at sunset. Rent bikes across the street (and just north) of the hotel. We didn't do this, but Carpinteria seems very bike friendly. Check out the beach in Summerland on your way to SB, and take a drive through Montecito on route 192 (I think) that will take you up to SB. We ran into several repeat visitors at the Motel 6 who obviously know the value of this little gem, including several people who were driving new Mercedes who apparently know how to squeeze a dime.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TwofromMaine
los angeles
Reviewed 27 February 2012

After getting stiffed in santa barbara, over priced and dirty room, I wont mention the place, we looked for something better. Never been to carpenteria, but we discovered a wonderful town with great biking opportunities, worlds safest beech, restaurants, shops, and THE BEST MOTEL 6 EVER! Read the previous reviews. There is a reason this place is 80% sold out! I had the best sleep of my life, room was clean, hot shower, flat screen. We will be back!!! Try the thai restaurant for dinner and the cajun kitchen for breakfast!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
Ramada Santa Barbara
Ramada Santa Barbara
#26 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South? Share your experiences!