“COCKROACHES!!!!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
Los Angeles, California
“COCKROACHES!!!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

COCKROACHES!!! Not to mention an EXTREMELY rude manager. After making reservations for 4 rooms months in advance, we called the motel to give them our confirmation numbers so that they could put our rooms close to each other. We were told it would be taken care of and then we called a few days before our arrival just to make sure and we were told the same thing. THEN when we checked in we were told the same thing. However, we were given rooms that weren't on the same floor or even the same side of the hotel as each other.

Although extremely incompetent of the motel staff, we were able to make due with the room situation and continue on with our weekend. The first night we were there, there was also a large high school basketball team also staying there. They were loud and swearing outside our room all night and were sort of getting out of hand. I know the manager can't completely control that so that still wasn't that big of a deal until the next day while myself and seven girlfriends were waiting in front of the office for our ride to go antique shopping. As we're standing there, the manager comes out of the office and tells us something along the lines of "I just wanted to come out here and break up this party before it starts." He was very rude and told us how he had a problem with the basketball team the night before... we asked him why he felt the need to "break up our party before it starts" when obviously we're 8 women in our mid thirties going antique shopping, not a loud, obnoxious basketball team. We also mentioned the room reservation situation and how we were promised rooms close together and he said "it's not possible to get reservations together so you should have never been told that." Really??

To top off the weekend I was packing up my suitcase on the last day when I saw that there was a visitor in my room. A large COCKROACH scurried across my floor and you know what they say, where there's one there's a thousand more! Absolutely disgusting. I packed up my things as quick as I could and got the h*** out of there but I was still concerned about cockroaches that may have gotten into my things.

Bottom line: NEVER AGAIN!! Anywhere and I mean anywhere has got to be better then this place.

P.S. No blow dryer in the room, holes were burned in the bedspread of our non smoking room, and the phone was broken. Good luck in case of an emergency and you have to dial 911.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amber R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Don't confuse Carpenteria North and South. We first went into the South by mistake, pleasant staff and NO ROOM to park a truck. Arrived at South and staff were equally pleasant. When we drove around the building to our room it was opposite giant parking bays for full length 18-wheelers with several parked.

Inside the room was clean and basic (standard motel 6 basically. no problem there) but the noise from trucks running engines to keep freezer trailers cold was evident immediately. This was stopped later after a complaint via the office but started again early in the morning (6am).

The sound insulation between rooms is awful. we had pipes running through a cavity in our wall for adjacent rooms and loud water noise as fellow residents took baths and showers at varying hours. We were woken twice by a dog barking loudly upstairs.

MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT was having paid $3 for 24hrs internet use, I found it is single device only! If there are two of you or you need smartphone plus laptop etc you need to pay for each device!! So c couple with a laptop each and a smart phone would pay $9 for 24 hrs!!! Worse still I had to get through to the tech support line after huge frustration and an inquiry with the office to find this out- HUGELY FRUSTRATING when you are on the road and Mc Donalds around the corner is free!!!! NO CONCESSIONS ARE OFFERED ON THIS.

Room Tip: go to Carpenteria Sth not Nth
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steveonthemove

Travellers are raving about these Carpinteria hotels

Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Gotta say that the stay was good, just a little waiting when checking in took the around 15 minutes and an extra 5 minutes to run my credit and provide the key. Room was clean, everything work the only thing that i didnt check was the AC. I rather opened the window cause the room would get stuffy. Plenty of parking even at late night. Cant complain.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Escondido, California
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Since this beach town is so pricey, we decided to try the budget place. We were staying in the area to help an elderly relative. The room was minimalist to say the least....small. with strange chairs and vinyl scuffed flooring. Tv mounted on the wall and no dresser or end tables at thebed. There was no temperature control so we were either too warm or too cold. Noise from above sounded footzteps but went on all night, so it must hzve been from pipes or something. Two pillows and one coverlet only. We were there the least amount of time possible and will not return.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Mars, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Nice clean room with good service...Wood floors seemed like a newer hotel with a big flat screen stuck in to a wall unit...Ok bed, towels, hot water and at $53.00 using a CorporatePlus/ID Number: CP546071 that I got off the internet, a great value if you have or want to stay near Santa Barbara

Room Tip: Stop here cheap near SB
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton
Reviewed 14 April 2013

On a drive from Santa Clarita to Pismo Beach late at night we decided to cut our losses after a long day and stop at the next Motel 6.

Fortunately they had room and Roxanne on reception was extremely helpful in locating our Pismo booking, calling ahead and cancelling it for us.

The room was clean, functional, and modern. The walls were kinda thin but otherwise it was a great night's sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
los angeles
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Just spent two nights here and I have to say that I was really not expecting much. I was just hoping it was clean. Not only was it clean, it was surprising comfortable and quiet. When visiting the Carpenteria area in the future, I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
The Wayfarer
The Wayfarer
#16 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara

Been to Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South? Share your experiences!