“All Good Except the Beds”

Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I've stayed here three times but doubt I will return. This motel is conveniently located in Carp and near enough Santa Barbara. I like the simple utilitarian design of the rooms, with modern touches. However the beds are just ridiculously uncomfortable. The first two stays were somewhat manageable with only relative stiffness in my back in the morning. However this last time the mattress was so awful, I couldn't sleep a wink. The springs popped loudly every time I moved and jammed me in the back as punishment. So while I really want to like this motel, I just can't bring myself to return there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dalinka

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Have stayed here many times, latest in spring 2013. Basic motel in a great place. Clean, basic room. Bring your own utensils, as only a soap bar and smallish towel are supplied. Close to great Italian eatery, great breakfast joint, beer place and, off course, the beach.

Room Tip: Take a room on the pool side of the motel, as the parking lot, especially the truck department, can...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were driving down from Santa Barbara and decided to break up the trip and stay in Carpinteria for the night- mistake # 1, was to pick Motel 6 South. The room was small, , dirty fingerprints on the surfaces which showed a lack of cleaning, the bedcover had stains all over it- Wi-Fi was not only extra but they charged per person usage ! The bed was on a wood frame with a thin mattress which was positioned on a plywood base board ! You could hear every noise made by occupants down the corridor- We could not wait to get up and leave the next morning.

Room Tip: Choose any other hotel in town
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank leslie c
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Almost everything in this motel is as expected from a Motel 6, with two exceptions: the internet connection is poor, and …. the bugs.
I felt one crawling on my body, and immediately jumped out of the bed. I found 3, and managed to kill one, which left a blood spot on the sheet (mine, previous guest's…?). I examined the other bed and could find any, and this is why I decided not to go to sleep in the car. However, I felt them again in the middle of the night, and this was the end of the night for me.
It has been about a week since my stay there, and the dozens of bites on my body are still itching.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRABLE PLACE !

Room Tip: Bugs were on a second floor room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank rbavli
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear rbavli,
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We do, indeed, care about your experience and kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so we can address these issues and serve you and our future guests better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

hesitant to stay in Motel 6 --- but tried this one based on TA.
If on a budget, 1-3 nights stay, no frills place == stay here.
basic amenities : mattress on bunk bed is comfortable (not cloud like but soft enough to be able to sleep comfortably); bathroom amenities provided although no hair drier.
the room was clean. smells fresh. no cigarette smoke smell ( Soooo GLAD !!!)
Quiet ---
2 story building ---
near a strip mall -- with Starbucks, Do-nut shop, VONS, IHOP, gas station. NICE
allows pets --- happy because we have a dog we did not want to leave home.

Room Tip: choose no smoking
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

this hotel was clean and efficient, however at this time in our life we are more accustomed to staying in hotels with more to offer for what they charge.

Overall we would stay here again only if there wasn't any other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: For those on a limited budget this motel is clean , and affordable however we normally stay at much...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank inspectrdad
Reviewed 6 August 2013

When we first arrived during the very crowded fiesta time, we found ourselves in a handicapped accessible room with two double beds for two adults and two teens. Obviously, this was going to be tight, so we asked for an additional room. Luckily, we were able to get one, and eventually we were moved to two adjacent rooms by the pool. The rooms open up to each other so we now have lots of space, and two bathrooms. The management and front desk workers make this hotel a real treat, and the cleaning crew is fantastic. I would highly recommend this motel, which surprises me more than anyone! They also have laundry services here, which is much appreciated. Plus, they are pet friendly and they have wifi for purchase at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank desertminky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
#41 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Inn At East Beach
Inn At East Beach
#31 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South? Share your experiences!