Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Casa Del Sol Motel(Carpinteria)
Sandyland Reef Inn(Carpinteria)
Montecito Inn(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Inn At East Beach(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnorth locationwifi connectionhot waterquiet at nightihophboproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Have you ever had such unprofessional service that you can not even think past that experience?I am sure we all have, well this was one of those for me. The girl at the front desk acted as if I was a inconvenience for her. Unfortunately, anything that may have been a good experience with this hotel was overshadowed by my experience with her. I arrived for check-in early in the day and the owner said to return in about an hour and there was a good possibility that a room would be ready. Well, I returned an hour later and the unprofessional girl at the counter did not even check to see if a room was available, she just said check-in is at 3pm. I said I understand, but the owner had said to come back in an hour. She just stared off and repeated, we do not do check-in until 3pm. By the way, she was there when the owner told me to come back in an hour. I was tempted to cancel my reservation right then and go to the hotel next door, but I decided to keep my reservation and just write an honest review. Hopefully the owner will address this girl's un-professionalism, if not it will be his loss over time. One last note, there were stains all over the comforters and towels as well. Anyways, just wanted to let others know what they possibly might encounter if they stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Contact a different hotel ;-)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank StrainTheBrain
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear StrainTheBrain,

We apologize for the hospitality issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our Guest Relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was a very spartan stay. Not much in the way of amenities, but that was a plus! No carpets and no upholstered furniture means no carpet smells, no terrible perfumes to cover the usual musty room smell. The room smelled like fresh air! All surfaces a easily cleaned. I don't know if the mop the floor, but it seemed clean. And, all the fixtures worked. The beds are good mattresses on a slab of wood. Good for my back. Room under the beds to store things. No chest of drawers. Good value. We would definitely do this again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jpenkethman
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We booked last minute for President's Day weekend and we were excited about the price. Check in was easy, room was clean and as expected. I read the reviews and followed suit by bringing our own pillows and comfy blankets. I wish I would have read the review about bringing your own towels...they were only slightly bigger than a hand towel and super thin! Bed was also very small and hard. The walls were so thin...the room next to us was partying and super loud into the very early morning hours. It wasn't until they busted out in a harmony of what sounded like a school alma mater at 2:30am that we finally called the front desk. He said that he would call them and ask them to quiet down. He never called, but when we called back 20 minutes later, we heard him knock on their door. A cockroach climbed out of the wall vent the next morning, but we were already packing up to get outta there! The hotel itself wasn't a tragedy, but if we ever find ourselves needing to stay again...earplugs and towels will definitely be on the list. And maybe some bug spray

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RTmama
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Pretty bare bones but served its purpose for 1 night of travel with a dog. Room was clean but air was stale. Based on the burn marks on the bathroom floor, the partially melted tv remote, and the presence of the ash tray (despite signs that said 'No Smoking'), I would guess the smell was due to the room having been smoked in previously. Heater worked quickly. Shower had plenty of hot water and high pressure. Bar soap provided at sink and tub but no shampoo. Only 2 pillows for 2 people; husband asked for an extra and he was told there were no more pillows. Room 139 is on the corner near Carpinteria Ave on the 1st floor and under the staircase. Noise from people on stairs, some traffic noise from the street but the fan provided good background noise. We traveled with our dog: there is a good-sized grassy area to the south of the hotel and sidewalk on the street for dog walks.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mollywaffles
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

One of the Best motels we've been in our California roadtrip. Renovated. You can't beat the price. Good value for money. The sta barbara area is kind of expensive so if you have a car, dpending rhw night here is a good option.
The room decor is simple but with a modern look. Clean, nice and for every budget. Will stay again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple