“Nice little no frills motel”

Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice little no frills motel”
Reviewed 1 September 2005

I just got back from Motel 6 in Carpinteria. Although it is a "no frills" motel, it was certainly clean and comfortable. The motel is located in a tiny beautiful beach area and convenient to a Santa Barbara and Solvang. As for traffic, it is just off the highway, but I thought it was very quiet.

If you're just looking for a place to sleep, this is very reasonable. The one thing that they didn't have available was hairdryers. Other than that, there was coffee every morning in the lobby and coffee makers and refrigerators were available if needed.

I will definitley stay there again when I'm in that area.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 2 April 2005

My wife and I were goint to attend a wedding in SAnta Barbara and money was a bit tight for us so we decided to spend a night in this area at this establishment. How bad could it be?...I asked myself, this is Carpenteria, a wonderful beach community. I'll say this much, you do get what you pay for. When we were walking towards the lobby, we noticed in one room there were at least 11 people sitting all over the place smoking and had their sleeping bags all over the room. There were also about 30 kids running up and down the exterior corridors from the pool area and back and it was 9:00 PM!!! When we got to the lobby there was an actual menu of room prices. YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT ROOM? Anyway, not good atmosphere and very noisy. I found later out the welfare department puts up welfare recipients at Motel 6s. I think I saw some that night. We cancelled and got out of there in a hurry. Never again

9 Thank Coder

Travellers are raving about these Carpinteria hotels

Reviewed 6 April 2004

I've been taking weekend getaways at this hotel for years. The desks clerks have been,by and large, fine...there's always an exception, no matter where you go...the poor desk clerks won't last, if they are that bad. My rooms have always been fine...these are discount motels, they don't furnish all the best like Best Western. There's a niceview of the mountains...very restful...always get a room not facing the pool, if you can...much quieter...here's a secret...at night, you can walk a few streets south and find a footbridge over a creek containing thousands of frogs all croaking in the springtime...a wonderful experience within walking distance. I always liked to arrive on the Friday before the last Saturday of the month, when the Carpinteria Natural History holds their monthly flea market...sometimees you may get to meet and talk to visiting celebrities like Jonathan Winters... he may even perform a character right before your eyes! All in all, I have had mostly good experiencesabout Motel 6 and would reccomend it to travelers. P.S. Feel free to e-mail me if you would like to find the thousand frogs footbridge...one of Carpenteria's best kept secrets.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2003

As soon as we arrived to the hotel, we thought, hmm not bad judging it from the outside. The front desk guy was extremely rude. He had no manners what so ever. I could not believe how rude he was. Well, that was only the beginning. The room was a scene out of a bad movie. Total sleeze bag room. It smelled so bad, the bed was broken in the middle.
The bath tub was gross. I could not sleep all night and we checked out at 6am! THis was on the 4th of July weekend when I knew there would be no other hotels available but I wanted to take my chances. Anything would be better that to stay there another night

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
The Wayfarer
The Wayfarer
#17 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara

Been to Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South? Share your experiences!