“Awesome place to stay in Carpinteria!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carpinteria
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights on a business trip, but having some serious separation anxiety from my baby I brought her with me. The room had a crib ready to go, per my request, but I would recommend bringing your own crib sheets. The staff are some of the nicest and friendliest I have ever met. The restaurant is quite good and well priced with a nightly happy hour. During the day the babysitter would walk the baby down Linden Ave (downtown Carpinteria) in her stroller, so it's a very convenient location being walking distance to restaurants, Von's and of course the beach. Carpinteria is an amazing city and if you are looking to get away from it all I would recommend staying here, versus Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: If requesting a crib make sure to bring your own sheets!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We took the Amtrak to Carpinteria and stayed at this hotel. The hotel is clean. The rooms are adequate. The bed was comfortable and the price was very reasonable. The location is not too far from the main part of the town. We made use of the local shuttle city bus system. It runs up and down Carpinteria Ave and this made it convenient to traverse the town from our hotel. i would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Professional Doormen, Front desk staff, and Breakfast attendant. Room was clean, quiet, great location. Stayed for just a night when passing thru SB and the parking was a little slim but for its location it was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Easy check in. Lots of parking near door to room. Clean room. Very comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Easy on/off highway. Lots of choices included with breakfast. A great small town place to stay between 2 larger cities Santa Barbara and Ventura.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The two is more for corporate since there was no notice of the renovations going on when I made the reservations. For the staff and hotel give a 3 making due as best as they could.

Pros: Quick drive to the State Beach, walkable if don't have young kids. Room was clean and well furnished, new TV. Breakfast was typical HIX fare.

Cons: Due to renovations, lobby was a mess and pool was closed. Not much within walking distance besides Strip mall with Albertsons, IHOP and couple other Mom and Pop restaurants. Walls not good sound barriers, kind of noisy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carpinteria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear archstenton,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the ongoing renovations prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for a week and had a pleasant stay. The rooms have been newly renovated - new furniture, flooring, granite counter tops, new TV.

The breakfast buffet was good, fast and free. Eggs and cinnamon rolls were offered daily, along with a meat option.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Little rough check in process but after that everything went well. We arrived a little early at 1:30 pm and was told to come back at 3:00 to check in. I have never had that happen before, usually they will check you in but you will not get a room until later when they are ready. We sat in the reception area and watched others come in and check in and go on their way. We were there for a lacrosse tourney and had reserved 2 rooms but didn't need them together so I'm not sure why we had to wait. Finally at 2:40pm my husband went to the desk and inquired again and 1 was ready so we were able to get that room. They said they would call us when the other room was available, fine with us as the rest of our party was arriving later. We left and checked out the area and the polo grounds where the lacrosse would be held. Arrived back at the hotel and still had not heard from desk. The rest of our party arrived and we wanted to go get something to eat so had to call the desk regarding the room, they said they would check and call us right back. Still no call after 20 min wait so my husband went down to the desk to inquire. I think they forgot cause they said "oh I was just going to check". It was ready so we moved our stuff. After that the stay went without issues. The rooms we got were newly renovated large and clean and the beds comfortable. Plenty of towels in the large bathroom with hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner and soap. Breakfast was adequate and very well run with eggs, a protein, biscuits, gravy, cereal, fruit, yogurt, milk coffee, tea, juice and much more...oh yeah cinnamon rolls:):) Remember the breakfast room closes at 9:30am I missed the last breakfast as I thought it went until 10:00am. They are remodeling but they tried not to be intrusive and they don't work on the weekends. I prefer the second floor away from the freeway. I would stay there again if and when I'm in the area again.

Room Tip: Second floor newly remodeled rooms away from freeway side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gamnpapa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
#1 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Best Western Beachside Inn
Best Western Beachside Inn
#24 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carpinteria? Share your experiences!