“Share an omlette!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Capitola, California
“Share an omlette!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great food and plenty of it! My BF and I split the very tasty Chili Relleno omlette and we both finished full. Love it!

Visited June 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Phenomenal Food! ”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent the weekend in Carpinteria and stopped in Esau's for breakfast this morning. The coffee was good, the service was great, & the food was phenomenal!! I loved the vegetarian options! We highly recommend it!

Follansbee
“Nice little place”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stopped here on our way back to LAX. Had breakfast. It was great. We all enjoyed it. My husband and I both ordered a side of grits. My sister-in-law didn't know what they were. In fact a few weeks after we were back home in West Virginia she text and ask us what to put on grits they were at Esau's again.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

On Sunday morning, I was looking for a place to have breakfast - nothing special.

Then, I stumbled upon Esau's, and what a pleasant surprise! The place was crowded, but they were fast to take my order, and the breakfast was hearty and awesome.

It seems to be a familiar place, most of the workers look like they are from the same family.

I even had to say to the girl who was attending us - "No wonder this place is busy here today. You guys rock."

The freshly grounded coffee, the hearty pancakes, the old style atmosphere, everything fresh and made to order.

I'm not a fan of Starbucks or alikes for reasons like this. You simply can't get the same treatment and food quality at fast food coffees.

I'll be DEFINITELY visiting them again next time I go to Carpinteria.

Visited October 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“Another Carp Institution”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Good breakfast fare to be had at Esau's, though you do pay for it. Can be busy at times, but worth waiting. Large portions, extensive menu, service can be spotty. Has a small town, beachside, surfer's hangout atmosphere, but then, that's what it is ;-) You always feel good after having a breakfast at Esau's. Sister cafe in Santa Barbara near Paseo Nuevo.

• Visited March 2013