“Excellent sandwich. And I told them so. ”
Review of Danny's Deli

Danny's Deli
Ranked #50 of 74 Restaurants in Carpinteria
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Glasgow
“Excellent sandwich. And I told them so. ”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

After wakening in the lovely town of carpinteria, it was great to have such wonderful sandwiches for brunch. Freshly made in full view, all ingredients were excellent and a welcome break from Mexican. Pastrami was like what I can usually only see on tv. And the cheese was also fantastic. Subway is a pale imitation of what somewhere like this can produce.

2 Thank ElCartoharvetta

Carpinteria, California
“Mouthwatering Tri-Tip”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Recently moved to Carpinteria and have been poking around at the various places to eat. Danny's Deli is like a Swiss Army knife - it serves many purposes - car wash, bait shop, and best of all a deli. The more seasoned locals, rave about their tri-tip sandwich so I decided to give it a try. It was outstanding...the tri-tip was sliced nice and thin, seasoned perfectly. The bread was nice and soft with lettuce a hint of BBQ sauce. The sandwich was 6.95 and there was plenty of tender tri-tip - well worth the price.

This is a cool little funky place. The only small drawback which I could care less, is that all seating is outside and the chairs were a bit flimsy. I suggest grabbing one of their sandwiches and headding to the beach 3 blocks away and eating there. This place makes me proud to be a local.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank CA_dreamer__103066
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing the greatest tasting sandwiches you will ever eat!!!”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Looks a little odd because its car wash place bait shop and deli but te sandwiches are awesome!!! I place you will have to try

1 Thank 68686868
San Diego, California
“AMAZING! A must stop!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

We were headed south from Santa Barbara and needed food. We were willing to eat anything! So a car wash/bait shop/deli would work. Don't let this discourage you... It's amazing! I had the teriyaki tri tip and my husband had the BBQ tri tip. We couldn't stop talking about how great it was! The service was fantastic!

1 Thank JLaMont9
California
“Looks can be deceiving!”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Stopped here on our way to central california for a sandwich, didn't want to go to a restaurant but needed some nourishment on the go. Walked in and found a line of people as well as having almost all the outside tables filled with folks eating big sandwiches so I figured they must have good ones and I was right! The bread was very fresh as well as all the other fixings that go into a good sandwich. They had a board of specials at the door but we just went with the turkey and cheese and it was good. We split one sandwich and glad we did cause it was just enough, I bet those bags of chips must of had something to do with it! This place is a car wash and deli with bait & tackle...wow! The other sandwiches looked really good and I bet they were! Boy I'm getting hungry now just thinking about it!

• Visited August 2012