“Yummy grilled fish tacos were the ticket!”
Review of Cabo's Baja Grill & Cantina - CLOSED

Cabo's Baja Grill & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Yummy grilled fish tacos were the ticket!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

This is my first visit to Carpenteria but we stumbled on this place while walking around town. Very good fish tacos. We had the grilled Mahi Mahi and it was tasty, although I will admit that I prefer Wahoo's recipe which has the blackened fish. That said, you couldn't beat the weather and the atmosphere was relaxing. Will definitely add this place to my list for my next visit.

• Visited July 2013

california
“And down went Cabo's”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have been Coming to this place when it was Chuey's then when John and Val bought it and it became Cabo's. It has outdoor seating and used to be very
happening.

New owner last year prices way up. Patio empty on Saturday afternoon. NO carp wings or tri tip chilli

Have to decide if the great patio seating will be worth it.
Food still good.

• Visited May 2013
Carpinteria, California
“Cool Little Mexican Food Joint”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've been to Cabo's several times. I usually get their chicken street tacos. The chicken is cooked very good, and the ingredients are fresh. They have a great outside patio where you can people watch as everyone goes by on Carpinteria Avenue. They also have a variety of fresh salsa's - all of which are very good (again fresh) and I prefer the spicy red salsa. They also serve beer, wine and margaritas -- very generous pours for the margaritas. This is not the type of place you go for a special occasion...this is the type of place you go where you can relax, kick back, have a beer, enjoy the people and eat some good food. The price is very reasonable the 2 taco plate (w/rice and beans) is about $8. When the day is perfect you can actually smell the salt air from the beach that's just a few blocks away...if you close your eyes and take it all in, you might actually think you're in Cabo. It's easy to pass this place by on your way through town, but try not to...it's worth a try.

• Visited March 2013
Los Angeles
“Good Burritos”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had the Cabo Burrito and it was really good. My wife had the tri tip burrito. Both of the burritos were a really good size, I would recommend either one.

Visited February 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Needed more fuel from this meal.”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I ordered the shrimp tacos platter. I was surprised there were no free nachos and salsa as we waited for our meal. The meal arrived with just average tacos, cold beans that had no cheese melted on them, and just okay rice. I actually grabbed some food from my bike bag to supplement this meal since I had bicycled in from Ventura and needed to return.

• Visited January 2013