“Hampton Inn carson”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Carson
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Overall a great hotel , clean, good location . The staff was friendly and the complimentary breakfast was good. I love the complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate set-up in the lobby, I think they should take the coffee makers out of the bathroom for sure ! My only complaint was having to wait almost an hour past check-in time for my room because the housekeeping staff was on break.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I travel with my Artist and sometimes my kids. The Hampton is very kid friendly. They make you feel wellcome from the time you walk into hotel. They even remember my name and my extra towels. Everytime i leave they always ask if everything is okay. The breakfast is very good and they never run out. They even have togo boxes for those on the run.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A nice hotel with a good complimentary breakfast. Staff very helpful. Rooms at back-side of hotel have Freeway noise. Ask for room in front. Breakfast was good but they ran out of strawberries frequently.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our family stayed at this hotel for two nights recently. We would not recommend staying at the hotel. When we checked in on Friday evening the girl at the front desk accidentally gave us room keys for an already occuppied room. When they reassigned us another room, not one of three keys worked, so we had to make another trip to the lobby. When they finally got the keys to work, we walked into the room and it smelled horribly of urine. Maybe it was a room where pets are allowed? I normally try not to complain, but the smell was so bad that we asked for a new room. First we tried opening the window and room door to flush out the smell, but that did not work. It was just gross. The second room assigned to us was okay, but we had two bath towels to share with three people, and we got no maid service the next day. When we got in that evening we had to call the front desk and ask for bath towels. I am a Hilton Honors member and travel frequently for work. This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. As a result, I will try hard not to stay here or at any Hampton Inn in the future. The area where the hotel is located is right off the freeway and our room was like a racetrack all night. The hotel is also located in an area that serves alot of the trucking business - not a great locations like I see other reviewers mentioning. I don't write reviews, but this one was well deserved unfortunately. Extremely disappointing for the Hilton chain.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank E K
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Redone, clean Hampton Inn, I stay at the Hamptons frequently and this is one of the finest I've stayed in. It will be quieter if you get a room away from the freeway, but as all of them on the first level were sequentially numbered, I can't suggest an odd or even numbered room to get you quiet. Just crank the A/C and it will drone the noise right out.

Great water pressure, clean and fresh linens, convenient location, regular breakfast, this place had all that you expect. The icing was the wonderful front desk staff. Friendly, warm, funny. Thanks for an easy stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great location, hotel appearance is well maintained. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Los Angeles Area, really close to Redondo Beach and other beaches in Los Angeles. You will not regret it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NickIguala
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times....usually nice. My company booked my last stay through Expedia. I was told at check in that I "deserved" a bad room because we booked through Expedia...He said I should have called the hotel directly and then I would have got a good room. I ended up by the weight room and kitchen and was told that is what I agreed to - I don't remember agreeing to three nights of little sleep.I would not recommend this hotel as they treated a repeat customer very poorly and will not go back. On a side note the cleaning staff was great! I usually leave a small tip and received a nice note from the housekeeper.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AntonioManzenetta
Henry H, Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay. After I talked with our staff, we found out the problem in your reservation. This reservation was an accessible room (handicap room), and it was made by your travel agent or company. We usually call our guests, if we thought that a guest might need a special accommodation. However, your reservation did not have any phone number and/or an email address. When you checked in, we had a full house. Since you did not like the accessible room, we took time and found another standard king bed room for your stay. We apologize for your experience in our hotel. If you could, please give us a call. I would like to talk with your travel department, and hope we can accommodate you better in future stays. Also, we appreciate your tips for the room attendant. They appreciate your recognition.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson
Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay
Gardena Terrace Inn
Gardena Terrace Inn
#2 of 15 in Gardena

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance? Share your experiences!