“Expected More”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I always heard this was a good place to eat but my husband and I were disappointed in the food. He ordered a steak and it was very thin and had no flavor...we won't be giving them a 2nd chance

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

1st time to Tony Romas. Saw the Rib and Lobster deal and was excited but disappointed. Definately a frozen tail and a wierd spice on tail or in butter ruined taste. Rubbery. Ribs just ok. Not fall off the bone tender. Bartender awesome made a Sangria for me and chatted with us as I requested Ceasar which not available. Good bartender. Waitress nice. Just disappointed in food quality for the money.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

It's been a while eating at tony Roma's, but on our way to the LAX airport we found this to be a little gem. They were having a large party and we got an excellent waiter and the food was great as well.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

It's been a while since I've eaten at a Tony Roma's -- probably 20 years or so. Twenty years ago, Tony Roma's was THE rib place to dine -- my folks, my aunt and uncle, we all went to Tony Roma's for great, tender, juicy and delicious ribs.
When we were shopping in Carson, we saw a Tony Roma's and based upon our past experience, we decided to eat there. What a disappointment.
It was a Sunday night at dinner time and we walked in and were seated immediately. It was a little lonely, as they were not crowded at all.
We reviewed the menu, but in reality, we knew what we wanted -- whole racks of St. Louis Originals and St. Louis Carolina Honeys. We had fond memories of eating both in our younger days.
Despite the restaurant being empty, service took a while to deliver our meal. The bread was hot and fresh, but too "herbally" to enjoy thoroughly. And the meal -- lukewarm. Seriously, we waited more than 20 minutes for luke warm food.
The meat was tender and tasty, but kind of boring (perhaps due to the temperature of the meat). The sides (baked potato and cole slaw) were okay.
But ultimately, its all about the ribs, and while we had enough for two additional people (full rack), we've been spoiled in the intervening years with having "real" barbeque (Austin, San Antonio, etc). Tony Roma's paled horribly in the comparison. We had no dessert.
To recap: Tony Roma's, at least in Carson, was well organized and staffed, for the most part, well enough. The food, however was not our favorite, and nothing like the Tony Roma's that I grew up with. It's a shame, really, as Tony Roma's used to be so much better. It's hard to tell whether my frame of reference is correct (from 20 years ago) in today's times. Did the cook have a rough night? Did the world change during the interim and Tony Roma's failed to keep pace, or did they just tank?

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We had the BEST WAITER EVER.....I MEAN EVER! If you go to this location ask for Jorge Vera you talk about FIRST CLASS WAITER!!! I have been all over the world eaten at restaurants with 10 times more class & cost than this one but the waiter/service was worthless compaired to this mans service! I just want to hire him for myself every where I go! He was VERY attentive, very helpful on the menu, very well spoken, very nice looking, very on top of things we NEVER had to ask for anything he was already on it...for example I was running low on ranch next thing I know there was a small dish of it sitting there I didnt have to ask...our drinks never went empty...extra napkins were placed on the table...bread was hot & waiting for us...then he could tell we were not going to finish our food so he just broght a to go box & bag for us & placed our food in the containers for us! Then brought us out warm wet naps & opened the package to hand them to us & removerd the wrapper for us....It felt SOOOOO GOOD to be treated that way...Needless to say we left him a big tip & I talked with his manager & he said he was use to working in fine dinning on a cruise ship & boy you could tell! Oh yeah the food & mixed drinks were perfect....dont forget to ask for Jorge.