“Horrible Odor”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This hotel has the worst odor ever. When you first walk in the odor hits you right a way. I had to return twice to the front desk to have the attendant rekey the card. At this point I was really annoyed. The housekeeper totally forgot to place a thermo blanket on the bed. In addition there's no security.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Worst experience with hotel. The hotel looks nice online and says that all rooms are remodeled ..the paint and structure looks ok but my cimplaint is the smell...I requested a non smoking room and all rooms there have a strong smell of cigarette. The lobbies and hallways have a bad oder. I stayed on the second floor room 214 .

• Stayed: April 2013
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The unpleasant smell you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at 310 323 2080. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Myra checked me. She was very professional and courteous. She informed me of the breakfast in the morning as well as what time the doors were being locked at night. I filled out a couple of papers which was minimal. The room was comfortable and clean. Everything worked. The tv, lights, refrigerator , microwave, etc... Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean as well.. Overall my stay was very pleasant. Look forward to staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Chd777
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

My wife and I stayed for about 5 months at Extended Stay at Carson and the staff there specially Daisy and Angelo were extremely helpful, nice and thoughtful. I recommended this hotel to my friends becuase of Daisy and Angelo. They would take care of you. They are also very professional and polite! Hope you get a chance to meet them.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Carson. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Carson takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect. Thank you again for your positive comments. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

The hotel staff were kind, helpful and knowledge. The room and bathroom were spacious and has a mini kitchen. The interior is good. Our only problem with the room is that when we check the beddings, there's some hairs and it is dirty so we didn't use it. There's a nearby restaurants. But if your looking for a shopping malls and attractions nearby you need to take a bus or a cab if you are commuting. The hotel do have free Wi-Fi, laundry facility and Continental Breakfast. The rate are affordable.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am concerned about the housekeeping issues you mentioned. I apologize that our room did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean and comfortable room. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will coach our team to provide better service and a clean room in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I was in the area on business and selected this hotel because it was located in an area which met my business needs. The homes are not fancy, basic, clean, and with a desk staff willing to help. For someone in the area on business, it has many things necessary to make your stay comfortable, with near but restaurants, super market, banking, and easy freeway access. Would use the hotel again if ever in the area agin for business.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 310 323 2080.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I have stayed several times at the Extended Stay in Carson for my lengthy business trips. It is as close to the comfort of your own home as it gets. The staff is extremely helpful and very friendly. It is well kept at all times. It is located out of the inner city of L.A. but is very close to all freeways. It also is near many restaurants and shopping areas. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The best part of my job is to receive comments that commend the hard work, and excellent customer service skills that my staff provides. We would love to have you at our hotel the next time you're in town. I invite you to contact me at LAC@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance
Motel 6 Carson
Motel 6 Carson
#3 of 5 in Carson
Econo Lodge Near Stub Hub Center
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson? Share your experiences!