“Not the Mariott, but Good”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson
San Francisco, California
“Not the Mariott, but Good”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

clean inexpensive right off the highway close to STUB-HUB, BEST price close to LAX, no fancy amenities, but good restaurants near by. cant beat the rate for a spacious room with a kitchen . I overheard a young lady complain at the front desk because there is no complimentary daily room service, but what can you expect for the price? It’s spacious, clean, and served the purpose.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It was 10:30 at night and I had my child with me, the first room we went to smelled like smoke so I requested a different room. The next room we went to it had roaches crawling around like they own the joint! I could not believe this, I went through HotelsOne.com and explain to them the experience with the hotel and they did not want to refund the money back. The hotel canceled the reservation, but HotelsOne.com would not. It is bad enough to pay 126.09 for a night but not give a refund because of the condition's there they should have giving at lease half of my money back. I will let everyone know that HotelsOne.com is not the place to recommend for finding a hotel with. Well we did not stay there, I just could see staying somewhere with my child, to stay with roaches! I would not recommend this place to my enemies. So you tell me how would you rate something like this?

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am very sorry that your first room had an odor and the second was unclean. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and eliminate any smells once guests check-out of the hotel. As well, I truly apologize that the third party site was unable to accommodate your refund.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at LAC@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Carson hotels

Salt Lake City
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Very nice hotel , a good customer service, good location if you would like to be close the LAX.
The reception service was really kind and helpful, very comfortable room. The breakfast was not he best but It was good, I got a good deal a good price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is one of a number of rebranded extended stay hotels. Therefore you don't get daily maid service nor the regular minis. All rooms have been remodeled in the past year. Thus it was very clean. But they didn't get new mattresses, at least not this room, and it could use another trash can rather than having to move one from room to room. Still, a relatively good deal.

• Stayed August 2013
Modesto, California
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Do you like the smell of ash trays and weed in a non smoking room? Do you like from desk personnel who don't speak english? How about thin walls and bugs in the bed along with ants who are crawling everywhere? Then this is the place for you. We were not aware that someone was not at the desk after 11 p.m. This would be fine if they actually put our room key in the lock box so we could get to our room. After spending close to an hour trying to get ahold of someone we finally did. We drove over 6.5 hours and were greeted by the worse possible customer service. Our bed had one really hard pillow which sat about 10.5 inches tall (basically useless) so my wife and i had to share one pillow. We didn't sleep anyways because the people who were ACTUALLY living out of the hotel were slamming doors and fighting the whole night. This is a terrible hotel definitely NOT worth the money! Stay somewhere nicer and that doesn't have permanent residents.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Easy check in from a very nice associate and quickly into a clean, comfortable room. Full kitchen was nice and made for easy eats. Not a great area but not bad. Easy freeway access. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Good location to work downtown, a short 20 minute drive. The beach is about 20 minutes away. Convenient to all points in the South Bay. Ports of Call is fun.

Room Tip: Freeway side is noisier but not bad.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jahmok
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was glad to read your remarks about our hotel. However, I am very sorry that the highway noise was too loud for you.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at LAC@extendedstay.com.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Qingdao
Reviewed 19 June 2013

this supposed hotel is just off the 91 Riverside freeway; not far away from another Extended Stay Hotel along Vermont Ave in Gardena

the Front Office closes at 11 pm & as I discovered to my horror at another Extended Stay hotel in Mishawaka, Indiana, nobody is around to answer the phone after 11 pm ( to give directions)

The room at ESA/Carson is DEFINITELY bigger than the ESA in Gardena

I get the feeling that ESA has a sweetheart deal with the local municipality; where the municipality can make use of the rooms to house some on WELFARE HOUSING

that is why there is a kitchenette & in house laundry

I met a German couple who stayed at ESA in Phoenix, AZ & they said the same thing

free cakes & cereals in morning

I would stay @ ESA chain of supposed hotels only as a last resort; given the clientele that I am 'rubbing shoulders' with

ESA is welfare housing masquerading as a 7am - 11 pm 'hotel'

I would not pay more than $40 per nite for it; as it is those stayers are already doing the local municipalities such as Gardena & Carson, CA... Mishawaka, Indiana a great favour

don't be fooled by ESA's 'stringent' credit criteria such as not accepting reservations &/or admitting hotel stayers without a Credit Card

for your info, ESA DOESN'T ACCEPT cash payment

good thing I stayed for only 1 nite

There is an Arco gas station along Albertoni Street, Jack in the Box, Panda Express etc2 in strip mall adjacent to ESA/Carson

the worst value for money is ESA in Gardena, CA along Vermont Ave.

the rooms @ ESA/Gardena is about HALF the size of the ESA I stayed in this Carson, CA location & in Mishawaka, IN

Room Tip: since it is along 91 freeway, double windows to block out noise from freeway
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable while at our hotel and were unable to reach a staff member after hours when needed. Please know, our hotel is open to all types of guests, including long term, short term, business travelers, leisure travelers, etc. I am disheartened to read that this might have been misinterpreted. Still, I am glad that you enjoyed our convenient location.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at LAC@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance
Motel 6 Carson
Motel 6 Carson
#3 of 5 in Carson
Econo Lodge Near Stub Hub Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson? Share your experiences!