“Overrated”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
“Overrated”
Reviewed 15 April 2012 via mobile

Its an ok hole-in-the-wall pizza restaurant. The first time we went here, it was not explained that there were going to be a huge pile after pile of toppings. There were only two toppings on our take out pizza, and it turned out not appetizing at all. It was more scary than pleasant for me. I mean, not everybody likes a piggy pile of soggy meat. It was very overwhelming and greasy. We ended up throwing more than half of the order, so it was a waste of money. Only my opinion of course. I don't think we will ever go back here. The crust was not even what I expected of an authentic Italian pizza. Over rated restaurant.

long beach ca
“The best pizza i've ever had”
Reviewed 11 August 2008

Every friend I've introduced to this mom and pop pizza place
has fallen in love with their pizza. My absolute favorite is the pepperoni pizza , just one topping needed and it's the best ! The crust is really fresh and the pepperoni is slightly burned on the tips which makes it really crispy ! The cheese is delicious and stringy , which is rare nowadays cuz most places are too cheap to put a lot . all in all, i love this place ! i don't recommend more toppings as it makes the pizza kinda soggy. On a scale from 1 to 10, it's a 10 for me !

2 Thank lovinlife2007
s.b., ca
“A lot of PIZAZZ!”
Reviewed 5 May 2008

Rosario's is a great restaurant. They just donated some pizzas and a dinner for two to St. John Bosco's "Taste of Bosco". The pizzas were a hit with everyone and the dinner for two tickets were given away in the raffle. All the proceeds is going to the football team who is going to Hawaii in August 2008. Now isn't that the greatest owners of a restaurant that you know?

1 Thank miseuss
Long Beach, California
“Best Pizza on the west coast”
Reviewed 15 January 2008

I have been eating here for over 15 years there is no comparison!
This is the best pizza I have tasted since I have been in California.
The sausage is the best and you get a pizza pie piled high.
I first ordered a large but the waitress warned me it would be too much so I ordered the medium and my wife and I had to take the rest home! The sauce and the toppings are wonderful, we had the pepporoni and sausage.
The place is small but homey and the people are very nice.
Even though I moved farther away I stop here every chance I get!

1 Thank doggiedaddie
Las Vegas
“Great Italian!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2007

We ate at Rosario's while staying in Carson. We were looking for a "local" restaurant instead of a chain, and we found a great one!

Rosario's is a little "hole in the wall" place. But what it may lack in location, it sure made up for in quality!

The restaurant was small, with tables on each side, decorated with a "grotto" feel. We had 2 adults and 3 children (ages 9,11,14) and we all easily found something we liked. The pizza was incredible- excellent crust and piled high with the toppings. We also had manicotti, a meatball sub, beef ravioli, and sausage with peppers. Everything tasted amazing!! Needless to say, we had lots of leftovers! Our meals included soup and salad, as well as garlic bread.

The service was excellent. By the time we arrived (about an hour before closing) there was one waitress. She was friendly and was nice enough to even ask the owner about changing the TV channel to watch an MLS game.

We would highly recommend this Italian restaurant if you are in the area and don't want to head back into the beach cities for food. You will be more than satisfied!

4 Thank LasVegasDana