“Gross! Run as far away as you can! Yucky!”

Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Castaic
Post Falls, Idaho
“Gross! Run as far away as you can! Yucky!”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

First, we booked two queen beds. We arrived and It was a super, I mean super, small room dingy, dimly lit room with two double beds. I told the management and he laughed and said we don't have queens here they could never fit. He didn't even apologize, offer me a discount, nothing. I should have left anyways, but it was getting late and the area was super creepy to me. The bed linens ALL had cigarette holes in them. They were covered in yellow stains underneath as well as ALL of the mattresses had yellow stains pouring down every side. Gross. I couldn't even sleep. I felt like my skin was crawling. I put my own sleeping bags on top of the beds avoiding contact of any kind with the sheets. I checked for bugs and didn't see any, but I was really creeped out. Don't even think about taking a shower or walking bare foot. It was that bad. The fridge didn't seal and smelt like mold. I could hardly wait til morning light to get out. I don't know how anyone could give this hotel any good rating at all. I am not at all snobby or snooty. I just want clean hotels and polite people. Not here at all. Don't find yourself in this part of town alone at night!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 6 April 2011

i had a bad experience at days inn down the street and the staff member understood and he helped get me the best rate possible for my days i was staying great location great service not the best beds..... but you get your moneys worth :)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We had a two-bed twin for $69 per night and stayed just the one night as we drove down the I5 from San Francisco and we were getting tired and figured to leave LA traffic till the next day. We kinda wished we drove on though.

You'll get some sleep, a bathroom with a good shower, TV (no Closed Captions), wash basin outside the bathroom, old noisy air con and it is reasonably free of traffic noise. It's not pristine, plently of stains to be admire and figure out their history (or not!).

It is extremely popular with truckers.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Castaic hotels

Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed 22 June 2010

The room was dirty, no fitted sheets on the mattresses, dirty/stained carpet, lamp shades broken and dirty, bathroom ceiling had water spots, no shower head, toilet didn't flush, etc. etc.

I would not stay here ever again, not even for free! We had three different rooms at approx. $65 a night and they were all gross, made our skin crawl. Slept with the lights on.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank aztsavage
London
Reviewed 5 April 2010

This hotel represents excellent value for money if you plan to (as we did) spend a full day at Six Flags Magic Mountain. This truck stop hotel is about a 10 minute drive away from 6 Flags, very easy to locate in Castaic.

The rooms and service were really excellent - huge comfortable rooms and beds, everything was spotless and comfortable.

The truck stop experience was a bit quirky, as we Brits don't know anything like this. We were a bit surprised, though, that most of the local shops (including Dominoes Pizza) closed business at 10pm. Wendy's was open later.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Orange County
Reviewed 27 January 2010

I had gone to TripAdvisor before booking this room, saw the 3.5 stars and thought, Looks good! Boy was I wrong. First off, how do you get 3.5 stars when 6 people said it was good, and 6 people said it was horrible?!? Isnt that more like 1.5 stars, 2 at the most?!?
Anyway, there were stains on the box spring, the bed didn't even have a fitted sheet, it was a flat sheet folded under to look like a fitted sheet. The room was dirty, and loud (right under the stairs). The heater made this horrible whining noise off and on all night long. It was just bad.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Paso Robles
Reviewed 7 October 2009

The staff at this hotel was exceptional! My friends and I felt very welcome from the time we checked in till the time of out check out. The continental breakfast was great. It really offered a great variety. Also, it was very clean in the lobby and as we ate the staff was very helpful and made sure we had enough waffels to go around.I would recommend this hotel too anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castaic
Best Western Valencia Inn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Valencia
Courtyard Santa Clarita Valencia
Courtyard Santa Clarita Valencia
#7 of 15 in Santa Clarita

Been to Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area? Share your experiences!