“Keep looking there is better”

Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Castaic
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Don't even think that it's just a night. Keep looking there is better and more affordable. There are blood stains all over the rooms, beds and linens. Air conditioners don't work. Lobby looks cleans but smells awful. Food not worth the risk. Like I said keep looking don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Spcortez4

Reviewed 18 June 2013

If you want a clean place to sleep with good customer service at a price under $100 (most nights, I paid $72 after AAA discount), this is the place.

Check-in was fast and pretty friendly. Mike was very kind and welcomed our last minute stay during the late night. We got room 116 and it was clean and smelled fresh. There was no blood or other body fluid that I could see first hand but there was a large puddle of water in the restroom. It was very late and we had no plans to sleep in the restroom so we didn't bother to call to complain. The room was a good size and came with the common amenities but did not have a fridge or microwave. We were doing our "room check" for any creepy things and we noticed a little box in the corner, a little concerned I checked it out to find it was a thermostat of some sort. The sheets were clean and the pillows were fine. It was a very comfortable sleep, quiet, dark and the AC was a bit loud but worked well.

My favorite thing about this place, beside the good customer service was the check-out time, NOON! Thats not common especially around theme parks. Speaking of which, Six Flags Magic Mountain is about a ten minute drive. The breakfast was ok and my kids enjoyed the fresh waffles and real orange juice, there was also a selection of cereal and other juices. The eating area was clean and had plenty of space. Ice was free and the pool was heated and also clean. Check-out was very fast and the man at the counter seemed genuinely concerned that a pipe was broken and leaking in our room. He was very cordial and checked me out quickly.

A pair of shoes my son left in the room were put aside and held for the 9 hours it took for me to pick up. I appreciated the staff making the effort to find them and see that they were returned.

This place is located across the street from a fabulous diner called Mike's that closes at 10, check it out. The parking is a little tight but ample. I can recommend if you're on a budget and aren't seeking luxury.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Terrible is being nice. My husband & I stayed here many years ago because it's close to Six Flags Magic Mountain and it was nice then. This trip was the first & last time that we stayed somewhere without checking tripadvisor first. The curtains were 2 different lengths, the bottom sheets weren't properly tucked in, the pillows were old & flat, the pillow cases thread bare, mattresses old & flat. So thankful that I took my own pillow. Our room had a dusty iron & ironing board, no fridge or microwave.

Our friends room was even more of a disaster. The foot of their bed was higher than the head. Their mattress & pillows were old and flat as well. Her husband touched the headboard & it fell off!!!!! Then there were 12 holes in the wall where the headboard had been. Their room had a fridge & microwave but no iron & ironing board. The curtain didn't close all the way. The batting was coming out of the couch. We sat on towels in the chairs because they was all badly stained-theirs & ours. The only positive thing was that there was good water pressure.

The carpet was so nasty in another friends room that they couldn't let their granddaughter play on the floor.

We usually sleep in on weekend trips, not this time. We were up and out of there early! We originally had a 2 night reservation. There was no way that we were going to stay for a second night!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cutemel6
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is a typical hotel for the price range. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly & helpful, and the beds were comfy.

It's close to quite a few restaurants and a grocery store; Valencia is just down the freeway for shopping.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2013

saw a photo on tripadvisor for the Rodeway Inn castaic only after checking in of a blood soaked boxspring. Sure enough we looked at the terribly old bed and there was blood lot's of dried blood on our boxspring. Looking at the ceiling looked as though there was lot's of blood all over the ceiling. I think there was suicide or murder. Any rate the health dept. needs to shut this place down...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank WintersBiggbirdd58
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Ok, so I stay at a roadway is near Knotts Berry Farm all the time. My family and I love it and never have any problems there.So when I booked this hotel I was really not concerned about the poor reviews I had read because I've always had a good experience with them. When I called to book my hotel I asked if there were microwaves and refrigerators in the room and they said no, but if I upgraded I could get a room that would have these items. Well, what I got was a tiny little box for a refrigerator that was so broken I could hardly put anything in it. My kids and I joked that Barbie must have put it outside of her condo for trash day, and this hotel had picked it up... The "dresser" that the TV Sat on, was not a dresser at all but a old buffet that would have been in the Haunted Mansion dining room. As for the heated pool, it was freezing cold... No hot tub either.. This is a hotel for traveling truckers... And I have nothing against a working man or women at all.. But they deserve better too.. When I drove around the building to get closer to my room to check out and pack up the car, what I saw was about 30 big rig trucks and at least 10 of them men were working on. It was noisy. As for the continental breakfast, toast, ceral, waffles, the end... my trip was planned for four days, I stayed 2 checked out, and went up the street to the Days Inn and checked in. In my research of where to stay when going to Six Flags Magic Mountain, I would say Days inn Castaic, or Comfort Inn Stevenson Ranch.. Forget about this one...

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2012

To bad there is not a minus rating. Do not, I repeat DO NOT subject yourself to the filth unless that is your way of living. The carpet looked as if it had every kind of matter on it. The curtains barley hung on the window with holes in them. As for the bed....it felt as if you were sleeping on box springs. If we didn't catch something from this place it will be a miracle. Take my advice and spend a little more. This was a true rip off, even for a budget motel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Deeluvsg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castaic
Best Western Valencia Inn
#11 of 15 in Santa Clarita
North San Fernando Valley
Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Good Nite Inn Sylmar
#97 of 354 in Los Angeles
Comfort Suites
#2 of 3 in Stevenson Ranch

Been to Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area? Share your experiences!