“Great place to stay with any sports team!”

Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay with any sports team because of their large and spacious rooms. The property manager was great to work with when booking rooms for 2 different soccer teams and helped accommodate all of the special requests. I definitely would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Cory,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. It was our pleasure to host your soccer team and I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and the staff accommodating. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind for next year's Rage College Showcase event!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay

Reviewed 22 July 2013

The location was very convenient for my purposes. It was an easy drive from SFO International Airport. The king bed suite was clean and spacious, more than enough room had my family of 4 been traveling with me. Omar, the manager, was so very helpful, attentive and gracious after I stupidly locked myself out of my room. He and a maintenance worker also worked quickly to unclog the sinks in my room and in an adjoining one.

The complimentary breakfast was simple and convenient; hotel room also had a coffeemaker, mini fridge and microwave.

Overall, it was a very well-kept hotel in a good location, with excellent service with a smile.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Hello Sue,

Thank you very much for the lovely review! I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be convenient and easy for your needs. I really appreciate your patience in regards to unclogging the sink in your room and I hope that we were diligent in trying to resolve that issue. It was our pleasure to host you and your family and I truely hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value your business and look forward to serving you once again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2013

This one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed in. Has a convenience area that sells different food items including microwaveable meals , nice touch. It has a hot tub but it was out of order during our stay. The only real problem I had that there were no room darkening curtains in our room , 403 , which is on the front of the building to block out the afternoon sun and the spotlights shining on the building. The breakfast was very good.

Stayed: July 2013
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thank you for providing us feedback following your recent stay with us! I appreciate you pointing out the cleanliness of our hotel, it is imperative for our guests to have a hotel with clean rooms and facilities during their stay. For future reference, please contact the front desk with any problems you may encounter in your room. We do have black out curtains, although a little hard to see at first, in all our rooms behind the regular curtains. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I went on a road trip from Seattle was to Disneyland and back up. We stopped at this hotel because we wanted to be near San Francisco without having to stay in the city. We called to make reservations three hours before our arrival and there was availability. The women on the phone I believe her name was chandrea or something like that was wonderful and when we walked in a couple hours later she remembered our conversation over the phone.

She was professional attentive and very nice! She gave us a brief idea of the area, restaurants, Bart and surrounding cities. The hotel was clean, VERY CLEAN! rooms were big and comfortable, all staff members were professional and really cared about our comfortability and stay.

The breakfast in the morning was great! Not like other hotels where breakfast is dinky. We had our choice of eggs, sausage , donuts, bagels, waffles, yogurt, cereal, oj, apple juice, coffee. The breakfast area was clean and neat.

We stayed for two nights and for only 140 a night it was WONDERFUL! I would highly recommend!!!!! The only downfall is that they have no pool BUT a 24 hr gym and everything else made it worth it! I was stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for acknowleding the staff member who helped you over the phone and who also checked you in. Our dedicated staff members strive to provide all our guests with exemplary service and an enjoyable stay and I hope that we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your reccommendation and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 7 weeks during and after my son's hospitalization in December. The rooms are spacious and comfortable but what sets this place apart is the staff, all of whom were wonderfully courteous, attentive and helpful.

I especially want to acknowledge Front Desk Manager Omar Ansari, who helped us enormously during a very difficult time. Omar is really the person who manages the whole deal at this location, and he is amazing. Omar treats every staff person with respect and cordiality yet he demands a high level of job performance, which he gets in return from everyone. Most importantly, he treats every guest like he would a guest in his own home, and we appreciated it.

We went back to visit our son again last month for 3 weeks, and even though he lives in Oakland, we came back to this Comfort Suites, just because of Omar.

Thanks, Omar. Hope to see you and the rest of your great staff again soon.

The Robinsons
Bethesda, MD

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jiles,

Thank you so much for the lovely review! It was our pleasure to host you and your wife and I am pleased to hear that my dedicated staff members and I were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. It gives my team and I great pleasure to know that you had a memorable stay. I will certainly pass on your review as I am sure they will be very appreciative to know that their efforts are acknowledged by our guests. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the Bay Area.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

The manager and all of the staff were extremely helpful in arranging for a group a rooms for the weekend of my son's wedding. There were singles, couples, and families and all found the rooms very comfortable and the breakfasts very good. Even my pickiest guests were pleased with the accommodations. I appreciated the staff's help in the set up as well as their service the day of the guests' arrival.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Patty,

It was our sincerest pleasure to host your wedding group at our hotel! I am delighted to hear that your guests enjoyed their stay on such a joyous occasion. I will certainly pass along your wonderful review to the rest of my team as I am sure they will appreciate your warm compliments about their service. Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact me should you need anything. We value your business and look forward to hosting another one of your groups in the near future!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Our team from Hawaii of Na Keiki O Ke Akua hula ministry were so blessed spending our time at this hotel! The room was clean, spacious, and so comfortable! It was a blessing to have breakfast EVERY morning! The staff were even more of a blessing. They were so accommodating and people-friendly! In fact they displayed the "Aloha" Spirit and they don't live in Hawaii! I highly recommend you consider booking your hotel with Comfort Suites; their name "comfort" says it all! To the staff of Comfort Suites.........from our hearts to your hearts, mahalo nui loa for "serving" and "blessing" us throughout our stay...........and "ALOHA"!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Noelani K,

Mahalo! I appreciate the awsome reveiw! Indeed, it was a blessing for us to accommodate your lovely group at our hotel. I truely hope that we exceeded your expecations and I am pleased to hear that you found your stay with usto be comfortable and enjoyable. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Aloha!

Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!