“First time in Castro Valley, loved this Comfort Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
“First time in Castro Valley, loved this Comfort Inn”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We have been traveling for the last 2 weeks and have stayed at mostly comfort Inns along the way and this was by far the best one. Our stay here was to visit San Francisco and this place was very convenient. The rooms were clean and a nice size. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast area was so nice and the food was good. The girl at the front desk ( sorry didn't get name) even baked cookies for the guests. (They were delicious). If I came back to this area I would stay here again.

We were looking for a restaurant to eat at, and were told that the restaurants were all on Castro Blvd. however we did find many more places to eat in Hayward, which is only a few minutes away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GailL256
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hello Gail,

Thank you for leaving such an awsome review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and freshly baked cookies during your stay. My staff and I thank you for your warm compliments and it would be our pleasure to host you at our hotel in the near future. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

(510) 889-9300

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 20 September 2013

When going to San Francisco on 4 previous accasions I have stayed at the Comfort Suites in Castro Valley. The staff is always very welcoming and accomodating. The rooms are roomy, clean, and quiet. The free breakfast is very good and better than at average "chain-hotesl". I find it very convenient to park at the BART station nearby and go wherever I need to in town without the worry of drving, parking, traffic or tolls. Compared with S.F. hotels, it is a great alternative.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your compliments about our hotel and staff and I will certainly pass on your review to my team. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Regards,

Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Comfort Suites has really upgraded their property from the landscaping, to flooring, patios, rooms, beds, draperies, wallpaper and their staff was amazing. We have stayed at this Hotel several times over the years and our last visit was in late 2008. We understand it is now under new management and ownership and boy does it show. Helpful and friendly staff go above and beyond, their manager ...think her name is Shandon...what energy and pride she takes in this Hotel ...she gets so excited in greeting her guests and wants to make everyone so comfortable. She has a staff well trained and very professional and pleasant. We would stay their in a heartbeat again and will recommend to many!!! Even great for out of town visitors to our family that live in the area...very well done!!!

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and faced Castro Valley Blvd. Great rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Hello Kathy,

Its always nice when a guest notices the improvements we have made throughout the property. Chandan and I co-manage this property together and we take great pride in how far this hotel has come! We certainly appreciate your compliments about the hotel and our staff members and rest assured that we will pass along your review to our team. We value your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Orange, California
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I booked a hotel at the Courtyard Marriott. I wasn't able to get to the hotel until 12:00a at night. The had overbooked the hotel and sent me to the Comfort Suites about 30 minutes away.

Initially, I was pissed. But it ended up being the best thing that could have happened to our vacation. The people at the Comfort Suites were amazing and so willing to accommodate us. They truly felt sorry for us having to show up to their hotel at 1:00a. The manager (Andre?) even made a special trip to the hotel IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT just to make sure we were taken care of.

Andre and Louie truly went above and beyond to make us feel like valued guests. Good customer service is hard to find but these people made us feel like VIP.

Thank you, Andre and Comfort Suites for making our vacation memerable!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Suite!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Greetings Amanda!

I am sorry to hear that your reservations did not work out at the Courtyard Marriot. On a lighter note, I am thrilled that you found our hotel and enjoyed your stay wit us! I am glad you were able to experience the hospitality of our dedicated staff members upon your arrival to our hotel. We take pride in providing our guests with exemplary service and I will certainly pass along your wonderful review to Andre and Louie. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Yours in Service,

Omar Ansari and the Comfort Suites staff
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was on a work assignment and was assigned to a job site located 15 minutes north of the Inn. We worked 10 to 12 hours 6 days a week. The Inn worked with us to provide an early cold breakfast which was very appreciated. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were spacious and allowed space for computer use. TV viewing was good offering many channels and sports offerings. The rooms were always clean and well maintained. The area is quite and little if any noise can be herd between the room walls and hallway. The staff was very friendly and able to help you and offer suggestions for dining and areas to visit on the weekends and how to best get there. They treated me with friendly attitudes and a smile. They made my long term visit very pleasant.

Room Tip: I shoose a king bed in a suite. It offered more room than two queens in one room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank J W
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Greetings!

I am so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be accommodating to your needs. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests mention positive things about the bed or TV's in our rooms. We believe it is important that all our guests sleep comfortably in a Serta-Elite Plush mattress and watch their favorite shows on a 37inch Flat Panel High-Definition TV with plenty of sport and HBO movie channels. Our housekeeping staff does a fantastic job in keeping the hotel spotless and I will certainly pass along your wonderful review to them and our Front Desk Staff. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Warm Regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This hotel is a very good hotel. The location is excellent, the internet service is outstanding (even for business means), the staff is great and the housekeeping was also excellent. It's probably one of the best all around hotels I've stayed in for a long time. There really isn't anything that I can think of that is a negative other than the breakfast could be a little better. But it's free and just like other hotels that offer free breakfast. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner suites. They are about $20.00 more, but worth the extra width and space.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen L
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about your recent stay at our hotel. Our location, service, and amenities are prime factors for our current and prospective guests. Judging from your feedback, I can see the money we spent to upgrade our Wi-Fi was well worth it. We really appreciate your warm compliments about our staff members! They truly work so hard to make sure our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay. We value your business and look forward to serving you once again.

Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We started our San Fransisco vacation at another location which didn't work out for several reasons, after checking into other locations we found friendly helpful Omar Ansari at this hotel he got us into a great room he was helpful and considerate after our bad experience at the other hotel, all of the staff is friendly and considerate and made our stay that much better it is not hard to understand why this hotel has such a high rating after I found out our last hotel had a 30% rating things started making sense Thank you Omar and you staff for making our stay that much better - The Hill Family

Room Tip: Stay towards the front of the hotel quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rich H
Greetings Rich!

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. It was my pleasure to assist you and your family during your visit and I am thrilled to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. My dedicated team and I make it a priority to ensure our guests are well taken care of and I am happy that you were able to experience exemplary service from our staff members. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castro Valley
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!