“The Best Hotel in Castro Valley”

Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Mundelein, Illinois
“The Best Hotel in Castro Valley”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The experience at the Comfort Suites was so enjoyable that this is my second time staying there. The friendly faces and the fact whatever you need they are always there to help. The breakfast they have in the morning is complementary and is wonderful. It is also very convienant. The room I asked for was given to me both times. It was very clean and peaceful to stay. I highly recommend this Hotel and would and plan on staying there again in the future

Room Tip: I would think any room is wonderful!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary1933SOS
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Greetings Mary,

Gratitude for the excellent review of our hotel and staff. I am pleased to hear that your experience with us was nothing short of spectacular. I will certainly pass along your wonderful comments to my staff . We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Omar Ansari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is very well run and has great customer service. The staff is exceptional. The hotel is well maintained and was in a good location for me. It had everything I needed. I really appreciate the personalized service and attention from the staff. I needed a few things from housekeeping and they responded immediately. Overall a very comfortable stay and I highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast was good and there was plenty of it. I just wish that they wouldn't use paper and plastic. Many hotels do these days and it makes me uncomfortable to see how much garbage is generated on a daily basis.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Janet,

Gratitude for the excellent review! It is our pleasure to provide our guests with exceptional service and I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass along your compliments to my staff members who work diligently to ensure our guests are well taken care of. I completely agree with you in regards to the use of plastic and paper, however, per our brand standards for Choice Hotels it is required. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Covina, California
Reviewed 10 November 2013

When booking my room I asked if it was possible to get an early check in as I was working on my arrival day and I did not want my wife to sit in the car until the normal check in time. I was told that 12:00 check in would be no problem. Before I left Sacramento on my way to this location I called again to verify that an early check in was still okay. I was told again that 12:00 was no problem. Upon arrival just before 12:00, I was told that I would have to wait at least an hour, and probably
1 1/2 hours before a room would be ready. I had to do my job that afternoon so I went and did it while my wife sat in the care and roamed around the mall I was working in. Not cool!! When I did check in the lobby was being remodeled and it was difficult to navigate. The walls on the floor I was on were being redone and the whole place smelled like paint. I understand that they were updating the place and it has to get done, but it would have been nice to advise people prior to arrival. After I checked in, I later went to sit in the spa for a while. They had 2 tv's, which I thought was great as my wife was taking a nap and I wanted to watch a football game. I found out that neither tv worked. To top it off the spa was just warm. Finally, the next morning we were getting breakfast at the free buffet there and were taking it up to our room as I had a conference call to get on. The lady at the front desk stopped us and told us that we are encouraged to eat our food in the dining area. I told her why I needed to take it to the room and she said that a lady had told her she found an ant on that floor so we should not take food to our room!! Incredible! We took our food to our room anyways, but I was upset that she would stop us in the lobby and give us a lecture in front of other guests. When going out later I stopped at the desk and asked what the policy for ordering a pizza from the place on the card in my room. I asked her if we needed to take the pizza down to the dining area. She said no, but only sweets are a problem. I then asked if it would be a problem if I bought an apple pie at Mcdonalds next door and brought it to my room. She said no it would not. I then told her that she was wrong to stop us and she needed to be consistent with her policy. I actually think they were worried about people taking extra food. I had just stayed at a Comfort Inn in Sacramento and it was a nice stay. This was quite the opposite.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Fred M
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Fred,

I am so very sorry to hear that your experience at our hotel was less than exemplary. Due to a last minute change in the schedule of our wallpaper contractors, we had to expedite the renovation process, which only took a few days to complete, and we regretfully did not have sufficient time to inform our guests and for this we apologize profusely. I will of course look into the complaints that you mentioned and we look forward to exceeding all of your expectations if you choose to stay with us again. We appreciate your business and hope that you would consider giving us another chance to provide you with exemplary accommodations and service.

(510) 889-9300
alabama
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed here while visiting San Francisco. Staff very attentive and helpful with directions and recommendations. Stayed in a newly refurbished room two doors down from the elevator and heard nothing! Breakfast area bright and well kept.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Greetings Lady Traveler from Alabama!

We certainly appreciate your compliments of our hotel staff and breakfast and I will make sure to pass along your wonderful comments to our dedicated staff members. We strive to ensure that our guests have a pleasant experience during their stay with us and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We value your business and look forward to your next visit!

Everett, Washington
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Although the hotel is quite near the freeway, no noise at all. The only noise was in the lobby where they are extensively refurbishing the building prior to it becoming a Holiday Inn in 2014. The staff was very solicitous about guests avoiding the noise, and they profusely apologized for it. We never heard it once we entered the elevator.

The rooms are clean, large, and well equipped. We enjoyed our stay, including the extensive breakfast starting at 6:30.

The hotel is at the western end of the Castro Valley business district so various restaurants, etc., are nearby.

Be aware that the street in front is divided, so hotel is accessed only by eastbound traffic. Drivers coming from the east must pass by then make a U turn under the freeway and return. Likewise, drivers wanting to access the freeways need to turn right (drive away from the freeway), go around the block, pass by the hotel going in the opposite direction, then enter the freeway.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for the from. Rooms in back see only the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Greetings traveler!

Thank you for providing us an excellent review despite our lobby renovation. Once again, I apologize if you experienced any inconvienence and we appreicate the patience and cooperation our guests have shown us during this renovation. We cannnot wait to complete renovations and bring a much better, and newer, hotel to our current and prospective guests.
We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Llangollen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We are from the UK and came to visit a friend.
Check in and out very good, very helpful receptionist.
Room was clean, king size bed comfortable, everything worked well.
Breakfast was good, plenty of choice, dinning area was clean, always plenty of food and drink.

I would recommend this hotel for good value, they have got things right.

Room Tip: The front of hotel rooms can be a little noisy due to traffic.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Greetings Roy,

Gratitude for the excellent review! It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be comfortable for your needs. It was our pleasure to host you and I hope that you will keep us in mind on your next trip to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Wishing you all the best,

Omar Ansari and the Comfort Suites staff
Castro Valley, California
Reviewed 7 October 2013

During the ordeal of having our hardwood floors refinished and the house painted, we needed a comfortable hotel for a week. We very much needed a quiet place after the noise of the machinery at work in the house. The Comfort Suites suited us very well. I was concerned that the noise from the big highway would be bothersome, but the closed windows reduced it to a distant buzz.

We liked having the microwave and refrigerator in the room. The breakfast was extensive. Many restaurants and take-out are nearby, even within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Greetings Marilyn,

It is always a pleasure to recieve positive feedback from our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and fridge/microwave in your room. It is our utmost goal to provide our guests with a pleasant experience at our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castro Valley
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!