“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Seattle, Washington
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect since I had never been to Castro Valley before. I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. Check-in was quick and easy, our room on the 2nd floor (room 212) was clean, nice and spacious. The beds and pillows were super-comfortable. It was quiet. Had all the amenities, including a little fridge and microwave (small, but available). Hotel staff was pleasant and courteous. Free wi-fi (which worked). Was next door to a 76 gas station (so you can fill up before you head out to continue a road trip). Complimentary breakfast was good, nice selection of hot and cold eats and drinks. Overall, a good place to stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Green Features: I think they are like most hotels - if you want to re-use your towel, don't throw it on the floor. I only stayed overnight, so did not really read up on their environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday I, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hello Robin!

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that everything was to your comfort in your room, and that the in-room amenities were useful! We appreciate your recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you once again in the near future.

Omar Ansari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Castro Valley, CA, and wanted to share my experience. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful, they engaged you 100% when you asked for local or hotel information, were knowledgable, and really made me feel like they cared. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi David!

So glad to hear that our staff made your stay a great one! I will certainly pass along your wonderful compliments to them as they work diligently to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind next time your in the area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I am moving with my family of 2+2 from Europe to USA. Before we settle somewhere for longer we travel around the Bay and California to feel the State, so we stay a lot in US hotels. My wife liked this hotel very much since it was clean and well maintained; she walked by foot from the favourite coffee shop and a grocery shop. I arranged some quick dinners for kids with the help of local fast food restaurants and a gas station convenient store behind the corner. Kids liked the food and ultra fresh pancakes as well as the free WiFi to stream movies. We liked everything about the hotel: our clean room, decent breakfasts, and the staff was very friendly to us. As the cherry on the cake let me mention that my kids left behind their fairy tale dvds. To their great happiness they were found and waiting for us. We recommend the hotel. As an entrepreneur scaling the company from Europe to Silicon Valley I looked for the place with the express access both to Palo Alto and San Francisco in the budget. The hotel provided all that as well...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday I, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Greetings Marek!

Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a great breakfast make all the difference in a guests stay! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am thrilled to hear that we made your stay with us enjoyable and comfortable. Meanwhile, if I may be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me. Hope to see you and the family again in the near future!

gm@hiexcastrovalley.com
510.889.9300
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is by far the BEST hotel we have ever stayed at. This was our second visit and it was even better than our first. Our first visit was September 2012 right after we got married and our second visit was last week for our 'Babymoon' as we have a baby girl due in August. It was nothing less than perfect! The room was so spacious and extremely clean, the beds and pillows are very comfortable as well as the bedding. The t.v channels are above average and the breakfast is wonderful with lots of choices! :-) Of course the best part is definitely the staff. The Manager Omar is by far one of the nicest accommodating gentleman you will ever meet. He has many good recommendations no matter what you would like to do during your stay. Shandin (spelling?) is also so caring and she has such a great heart. The staff at this hotel truly respect you and treat you like family... This is a wonderful hotel to stay at if you are visiting San Francisco as it is close to the BART Station, but far enough away from downtown that it's the perfect 'home away from home'. Castro Valley is also close to some beautiful places like Livermore and Monterey Bay. We highly recommend the beaches at Carmel - absolutely stunning! We will definitley be staying at this hotel again in the future with our new little family... You won't regret it! :-)

Room Tip: Choose a room on the end - it's a bit more quiet. :-)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Krisco13
Hello Krisco!

Wow, thank you for the awesome review! I really appreciate your compliments about our hotel and staff and I will certainly pass along your comments to my team. As you had mentioned in your review, we are a short BART ride away from downtown San Francisco. Many of our guests prefer to stay outside of the city and get more value for their dollar than to stay inside San Francisco and pay astronomical high rates! We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!

Best wishes to you and your lovely new "little" family!

Chico, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice, small hotel right off the freeway. We have some business to do in the area, and this hotel was about half the price of the ones located closer to the Bay.
The front desk clerk was polite and efficient. To the left of the front desk there's snacks and mini containers of ice cream for sale.
The room was long and narrow. Very clean. I was concerned since we were so close to the road that there would be a lot of road noise, but it was quiet.
Downstairs is a full complimentary breakfast consisting of cereal, baked goods, eggs, bacon, fresh fruits, yogurts, tea, coffee and juice. Pretty typical, but nice.
I would definitely stay here again. Not a big hotel, but better quality than some bigger, more expensive hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank ESS_lover
Greetings Traveler!

Thank you for touching on some key aspects of a satisfactory guest experience: efficient and polite staff, clean facilities, and affordable accommodations. We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. I will pass along your compliments to my staff and I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Yours Cordially,

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel in the past and it's apparently gone through some management changes and the lobby looks different. It used to have a giant front desk area. The lobby is very small. The location of the hotel is not so great. Room quality was bad before and is better now, but not great. However, I will never stay here, even for free and here's why. Omar Ansari, one of the front desk managers, is a bully and rude. He is a classic thug. Our team is starting two long-term projects in Castro Valley. We will rent about 250 room nights over the next year and not a single one will be at this location due to the misconduct of Omar Ansari. Given the price they charge, we will be better off staying in other communities where we have better hotels, better environment and better service. My suggestion to the owners of this hotel is to fire Omar Ansari immediately. That's how misbehaved he is. Do yourself a favor and find a hotel that takes professional conduct seriously.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KellyXYZ
Holiday I, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that I was the primary cause of your dissatisfaction! For the past decade I have been working here at this property, I have never heard someone accuse me of being a bully, rude, "thug" or any of the horrible things that you mentioned in your review! Quite frankly, I have no recollection of meeting you, talking to you, and I don't even think you may have been a guest at my property! If you have a personal vendetta against me, I invite you to contact me directly so that I may find out why and take corrective action. I would also like to know who you are as well!

510.889.9300
gm@hiexcastrovalley.com
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I just spent one night coming from Yosemite to San Francisco and although it was difficult to find the entrance the receptionist was helpful with the way to pay the toll of the bridge to enter San Francisco. Breakfast was fine and the room was good. Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Monica!

Glad to hear our Front Desk Agent was able to direct you to our hotel! I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Warm Regards,

The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!