Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
    Good 3.5/5
    Heritage Inn(Hayward)
    • Free Internet
    Average 3/5
    All reviewsfront deskpancake machinegreat place to stayour home away from homeyogurtvisiting san franciscofantastic hotelhighly recommend this hotelfridge and microwavecomplimentary breakfastnon smokingcomfort innhousekeeping staffeasy accessroom was largehaywardfreeway
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 2 August 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect since I had never been to Castro Valley before. I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. Check-in was quick and easy, our room on the 2nd floor (room 212) was clean, nice and spacious. The beds and pillows were super-comfortable. It was quiet. Had all the amenities, including a little fridge and microwave (small, but available). Hotel staff was pleasant and courteous. Free wi-fi (which worked). Was next door to a 76 gas station (so you can fill up before you head out to continue a road trip). Complimentary breakfast was good, nice selection of hot and cold eats and drinks. Overall, a good place to stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
    Holiday I, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hello Robin!

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that everything was to your comfort in your room, and that the in-room amenities were useful! We appreciate your recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Castro Valley, CA, and wanted to share my experience. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful, they engaged you 100% when you asked for local or hotel information, were knowledgable, and really made me feel like they cared. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi David!

So glad to hear that our staff made your stay a great one! I will certainly pass along your wonderful compliments to them as they work diligently to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind next time your in the area.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I am moving with my family of 2+2 from Europe to USA. Before we settle somewhere for longer we travel around the Bay and California to feel the State, so we stay a lot in US hotels. My wife liked this hotel very much since it was clean and well maintained; she walked by foot from the favourite coffee shop and a grocery shop. I arranged some quick dinners for kids with the help of local fast food restaurants and a gas station convenient store behind the corner. Kids liked the food and ultra fresh pancakes as well as the free WiFi to stream movies. We liked everything about the hotel: our clean room, decent breakfasts, and the staff was very friendly to us. As the cherry on the cake let me mention that my kids left behind their fairy tale dvds. To their great happiness they were found and waiting for us. We recommend the hotel. As an entrepreneur scaling the company from Europe to Silicon Valley I looked for the place with the express access both to Palo Alto and San Francisco in the budget. The hotel provided all that as well...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
    Holiday I, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Greetings Marek!

Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a great breakfast make all the difference in a guests stay! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am thrilled to hear that we made your stay with us enjoyable and comfortable. Meanwhile, if I may be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me. Hope to see you and the family again in the near future!

gm@hiexcastrovalley.com
    510.889.9300

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is by far the BEST hotel we have ever stayed at. This was our second visit and it was even better than our first. Our first visit was September 2012 right after we got married and our second visit was last week for our 'Babymoon' as we have a baby girl due in August. It was nothing less than perfect! The room was so spacious and extremely clean, the beds and pillows are very comfortable as well as the bedding. The t.v channels are above average and the breakfast is wonderful with lots of choices! :-) Of course the best part is definitely the staff. The Manager Omar is by far one of the nicest accommodating gentleman you will ever meet. He has many good recommendations no matter what you would like to do during your stay. Shandin (spelling?) is also so caring and she has such a great heart. The staff at this hotel truly respect you and treat you like family... This is a wonderful hotel to stay at if you are visiting San Francisco as it is close to the BART Station, but far enough away from downtown that it's the perfect 'home away from home'. Castro Valley is also close to some beautiful places like Livermore and Monterey Bay. We highly recommend the beaches at Carmel - absolutely stunning! We will definitley be staying at this hotel again in the future with our new little family... You won't regret it! :-)

Room Tip: Choose a room on the end - it's a bit more quiet. :-)
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Krisco13

Hello Krisco!

Wow, thank you for the awesome review! I really appreciate your compliments about our hotel and staff and I will certainly pass along your comments to my team. As you had mentioned in your review, we are a short BART ride away from downtown San Francisco. Many of our guests prefer to stay outside of the city and get more value for their dollar than to stay inside San Francisco and pay astronomical high rates! We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!

Best wishes to you and your lovely new "little" family!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice, small hotel right off the freeway. We have some business to do in the area, and this hotel was about half the price of the ones located closer to the Bay.
    The front desk clerk was polite and efficient. To the left of the front desk there's snacks and mini containers of ice cream for sale.
    The room was long and narrow. Very clean. I was concerned since we were so close to the road that there would be a lot of road noise, but it was quiet.
    Downstairs is a full complimentary breakfast consisting of cereal, baked goods, eggs, bacon, fresh fruits, yogurts, tea, coffee and juice. Pretty typical, but nice.
    I would definitely stay here again. Not a big hotel, but better quality than some bigger, more expensive hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2014
    2  Thank ESS_lover

Greetings Traveler!

Thank you for touching on some key aspects of a satisfactory guest experience: efficient and polite staff, clean facilities, and affordable accommodations. We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. I will pass along your compliments to my staff and I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Yours Cordially,