Castro Valley Inn
US$120
US$109
TripAdvisor
Valley Inn(Castro Valley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscoffee makeroakland airportdefinitely stay here againroom was cleansafewaybartmicrowavemoteldesktvhairdryercarpetfreewayaccommodationscaliforniapillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I looked and found no dirt, immaculate room. The cleanest place I ever saw. Great mgr. I will be back. Good tv, micro, refrig, coffee in room, hair dryer, quiet. Market and bbq across street, freeway access.

3  Thank 75barry
Reviewed 9 May 2014

"No place like home "....everything about this hotel is great its so great, that I sometimes just come and rent a room and not even stay. Just so I can get the best coffee and breakfest. And all the workers plus the manger "less" is the best a very much stress free invorment. Best place to relax.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank dorothy c
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights on a mini-vacation. We didn't want to pay the higher prices for hotels in San Francisco and we wanted to be close to BART. We achieved both with Castro Valley Inn.

The hotel is an older property but has been maintained well. Our room was clean and comfortable for the two of us. Aesthetically the room could have used a face lift (furniture, bedding, carpet, TV), but that isn't as important to us as cleanliness and comfort.

The hotel is in a great location: across the street from a grocery store, several good restaurants in the area, very close to freeway access, and the Castro Valley BART station is roughly 1 mile from the hotel.

The only negatives were the traffic noise on Castro Valley Blvd., construction workers staying at the hotel who were clearly happy when it was the end of their work day, and no elevator to the second floor. However, none of the negatives would keep us from returning to this hotel on future trips to the Bay Area.

Room Tip: The farther away from Castro Valley Blvd. the better.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank godsbooboo
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have been staying at the Castro Valley Inn for at least four years and the reason is the manager Les, he always is there and does everything he can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I stay there every Monday night and he does everything possible to give me the same room.
All I can say is he is superb at his job.I stay three nights a week on the road for my job and have been for more than twelve years and no one even comes close to giving the service that Les provides.
The rooms at Castro Valley Inn are also very nice, clean and comfortable. The prices are very reasonable as well.
I highly recommend CVI and plan on staying there for years to come.

Room Tip: There is no need to negotiate, Les will always give you the best room at the very best rate available. I'm sure that is one of the many reasons I see so many repeat customers.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Craig D
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

On our way to an Oakland A's game, we were looking for a place to sleep-shower-leave.

Based on the reviews here we picked CVI. And it was a very good choice!

Rooms are spacious, very clean and silent. The CVI is perfectly located near the highway and has a Safeway across the street.

Les is a great host with good stories and he gave us a good rate as well.

Would highly recommend the CVI!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple