“I have stayed here 10+ times, feel bad for taking so long to review”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years. Mainly because it is near my relatives house and when there is overflow, we go down the hill to stay at the quality inn.

The rooms are furnished well. Comfortable bed (not amazing, but again, this isnt the ritz). We havent had any issues with the staff or cleanliness. Rooms are quiet. The pool is great to cool off in. Breakfast is decent.

Sometimes the parking lot gets a bit full, but we have been able to find parking elsewhere.

I guess the best thing I have to stay is that I have been here so many times and haven't had any issues that made me want to stay at a different place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 9 December 2011

A friend and I found this place because all of San Fran was sold out. It was a great location, great price and easy access to the freeway to head in any direction. There were restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My son and I stayed one night in this hotel prior to his moving into the dorms at CSU East Bay. It took us about 10 minutes to drive from the hotel to the campus, so it was convenient for us. Having stayed prior at the Comfort Inn in Hayward, the Quality Inn was a significant improvement. All rooms are indoor-accessible only, so it is safer.

The complimentary continental breakfast included potatoes, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, fruit, and some pastries. It was good enough to get you going in the morning, although we got to the breakfast area toward the end of breakfast time so things were running low.

The rooms here are clean and spacious. There are a few toiletries included in the bathroom, but they are limited so if more than two people are staying in the room, you might need to ask for more shampoo, etc.

It is nice and quiet inside the room, in spite of the hotel being on a busy street. The hotel has both a small parking area and an underground parking lot. I saw a security guard doing rounds about 8:30 PM.

Drivers are forced to exit the hotel lot onto a different street from the entrance, but we easily found our way back to the main street.

The front desk person is not friendly, but she checked us in and out promptly. Cookies and popcorn in the foyer are a nice touch. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I have never seen such unprofessionalism and bad customer service in my life! I called to make a reservation and the employee that answered gave me a price which was more expensive than what I saw online. He then told me he would CANCEL MY RESERVATION so that I could make the reservation online. I ended up making my reservation at another choice hotel but that employee never did what he said he was going to do and they charged me that nights stay. The employee also ended the conversation without giving me any confirmation numbers or cancellation numbers. It took the manager two weeks to get back to me and also showed terrible customer service. The first time I called an employee berated me for not getting a name and the manager berated me for not getting a cancellation number where I felt it was the employees job to give me all the information. Then the GENERAL MANAGER finally called me back after leaving him two messages and was very emotional and not professional. He said his employees make no mistakes and that there is no way the employee did not give me a cancellation number. Basically I'm lying and the staff can do no wrong. The GM even said ,"This happens all the time." I am contacting the BBB and the owner of the Quality Inn to let them know of the bad business practices run there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank AstroTeach B
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here on our way from Yosemite National park heading towards San Francisco. At only a half hour away and only for a short stay in SF, we opted to sleep here. Hotel is small, but clean and conveniently located off the highway. The continental breakfast was not bad. Wifi was alright. We had a nice sleep, nothing really to complain about.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Guynsuite200
Reviewed 22 July 2011

The front desk is very helpful; we had an unusual request which they honored without any hassle at all. We have stayed here before (Nov 2010) and came back, July 2011, knowing what to expect. It is conveniently located, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is adequate, with waffles, juices, milk, regular and decaf coffee, hot chocolate, instant oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, sausage, toast, muffins, pastries, etc. Plenty to eat, and surprisingly good. I especially like the underground parking with elevator service to all floors. We will definitely stay here again, as we have relatives in the ares. Good job, Quality Inn!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Slomom35
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I was visiting a relative who was in the hospital located a block away from the hotel. The hospital recommended and it turned out to be a very nice accommodation. Beds were great, rooms were clean, Desk Staff very friendly. The surrounding area is a little sketchy after dark. The desk clerk at check out told us that if we stayed additional nights to book through their 1-800 # to receive points towards a gas rebate card. We ended up staying 3 nights and took her advice. I specifically asked the reservationist if my stay would qualify and they assured me that it would. I would just have to wait 48 hours after check out to redeem points. When I called in to get the promotional card they said that I wouldn't receive the promotion because I stayed at the hotel three consecutive nights. When I told them that that was NOT what either their desk staff or the reservationist said the supervisor hung up on me! I not only will never stay at this hotel again but will never bring my business to any choice hotel! I am in the industry and run a hotel myself so I know that this is just a way to scam people into staying with them with promises that they never plan on following through with! Think twice before making reservations with this corporation!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!