“Great place”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Great place”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband, sister and I stayed for 5 nights at this motel. We were very happy to have chosen to stay here. Excellent staff and the breakfast was everything we needed to start each day...juices, coffee, cereal, waffles, toast, muffins, fruit, yogurt. Plus fresh popcorn every evening. would highly recommend to anyone staying in the East Bay.

Room Tip: If you care about a view, be sure to ask. Our view was of a metal building, but that was just fine f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Debbie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The motel is very convenient to the freeway and restaurants. It is clean and decent. It is located on a very busy main street and there are no views. When I opened my drapery I saw a ugly industrial building next door. In the mornings I was there I was awakened very early by loud men working next door and also by trash collectors. Fortunately for me I needed to get up early but if someone wanted to sleep in - well Good Luck. Also the first night I stayed there I went to bed early at 9:00 PM and could not fall asleep because some man was screaming and yelling and walking up and down the hall. His behavior was frightening and so bad I couldn't move out of my bed. Finally hotel personnel came to talk to him and he asked them to call the police. The police came much later and then he ran screaming to them. Somehow the police were able to quiet him.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the east side because of the noisy business next door.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sharon E
Reviewed 15 August 2013

For the area price isn't bad, rooms are clean, large, plenty of towels, ice machine, microwave,frdige, flat screen tv, with descend channel selection,vanity area separate from bathing and potty area. In room coffee maker. We didn't hear any noise at all, nice comfortable king size bed, would prefer 2 large pillows per person rather then 2 small square pillows per person. Love it, plenty of outlets to plug in lap tops, phones, etc....( and outlets my our bed).Air conditioner was nice, and once again not right by our bed. The lobby is very nice cookies, and popcorn, and a
Quality Inn welcome bag ( Water and some snacks) nice touch. A couple of cons, Parking isn't very good for Large trucks(kinda tight). Gina was the lady at the check - in desk , well lets just say she wasn't very pleasant..... My husband and I would come back for the quality of the hotel. The poor customer service and parking really needs improvement. Maybe Gina and Terri should take some customer service classes, and appearance is always important, both of these topics are very important for a Great Customer experience...... Overall we would stay again.....

Room Tip: Lower level floor rooms nice, next to lobby, ice machine and easy access to main lobby especially if...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank sicchik
SF Bay
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I booked this room for my father and 4 year old sister for a long weekend. I live less than 10 minute drive and it's right across the street from a really cool miniature golf course that was a good focal point for my sister.

First impression of the lobby was how nice and clean it was. I know for a fact it used to be a Holiday Inn express, and it definitely looked like it. When I checked in, the woman at the front desk wasn't the friendliest, but when my sister saw the popcorn maker full of fresh popcorn, I easily forgot about that.

The rooms were nice and roomy, had plenty of extra towels linens, and it was clean and roomy for a Quality Inn. My sister wanted me as a hip attachment, so I spent one night there with her and found the bed to be pretty comfortable. I prefer a firmer pillow, but I was able to find one among the many that were there. I kept reminding myself this used to be a Holiday Inn Express which was why I saw upgrades like granite counter tops. I'm not used to seeing a Quality Inn this nice.

Breakfast was more than I expected also, my sister was a very happy little girl with everything she had to choose from.

The only pitfalls I found was the parking situation wasn't the greatest, but I was always able to find a space and the woman when I checked in wasn't too friendly. Overall, it was a pretty good value for the money and I would tell others who came to town to visit to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Nice clean hotel. Great value. Lobby is just amazing. The room are quite large for a quality inn. Very centrally located. The staff were very friendly & helpful. We took the Bart to SF which worked out well. That saved us on the city parking.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank HikerBa
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This place has given be a phoebe for traveling for a living. Clearly a issue with additional unwanted guests in the room who decide to sleep and eat in the bed with you. I would not be able to recommend this hotel to anyone at this time until the problem is taken care of.

Room Tip: Keep looking very bad experience
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Bill D

Travellers are raving about these Castro Valley hotels

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Spent 2 days looking for a hotel in San Fran. Everything was so expensive. This hotel was affordable, clean and offered very nice rooms. Only about a 5 minute drive to the BART station too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!