Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
Reviewed 3 September 2013

After the fiasco at Travel lodge Expedia got me a room here, it was excellent. Clean comfortable rooms, spacious and inviting common areas. I missed the breakfast but I am sure it was great, they had a giant breakfast room

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I really needed to get away. I have been working and traveling taking care of family and friends and my girlfriend and I needed an escape. So we decided to head to the desert for a little R&R, people watch, and enjoy the tranquility of the desert. The place was really nice, the breakfast was better than I had expected as well. The young man that assisted us, I think his name is Wayland or Wayne something with a W. (not really good with names) He provided excellent customer service and was very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. I took him up on some of the suggestions and this place that had a great date shake. It was a very pleasant stay and we definitely will be back.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013

One night stay which if we had known about the quality would have planned additional nights.
Great location. Excellent welcome and made to feel special and provided with advice on local amenities. Given upgraded room which was super in size, facilities and overlooked the pool area and the distant mountains. The room had two desks, comfortable seating areas, a sofa, small kitchen area and a separate bathroom.
Made use of the pool which was needed given the heat and to allow us to relax having driven across from San Diego. Very quiet as it was midweek and out of the busy season. We had an excellent nights sleep and woke afresh for our travel across the Mojave.
Breakfast included in the price was the best we have been offered in our two month holiday trip. Quality food, great choices and healthy options.
This is a star of a hotel and superior quality to our normal experience of a Holiday Inn Express. Which I have to say has always been good.

Room Tip: Avoid weekends. The deal we got was because it was a quiet midweek stay. Tends to be booked out at w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

we arrived quite late in the evening but with a reservation. The check-in went really quick and our room was clean and big. The outside pool is open until 11 pm so we could hear some noise but after 11 pm it was really silent. Breaktfast was nice and the room was just in front of the pool so there was a nie view. I didn't expect such a wide range of food. We found everything very good.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank staerndli12
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I had a wedding to attend to at a hotel nearby and this was the best location for the value! Our room was beautiful and modern with a king and sofabed and soo spacious! There was free hot breakfast too which included eggs, pancake machine, bacon, biscuits and gravy, cereal, coffee, yogurt, etc. Great value for the stay and the breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this location for a short notice business trip and I was pleasantly surprised. Though I passed this hotel initially because the entrance is not easy to see at first, I did see it on my second pass. From my check-in to my check-out the staff was exceptional. The lobby was very well appointed and my room was exceptionally well decorated. Everything seemed new. There were some very good points to this hotel and that included the pool and hot tub. I have some severe mobility problems and the hot tub was just right for me. It was quiet at my level of room. Another set of assets of this hotel and location is that: a, it was a quick drive from the Palm Springs international airport, b. there were plenty of restaurants located within a half mile of the hotel, c. it is close to the business and tourist districts of both Cathedral City and Palm Springs, however a better value than Palm Springs, and d. I have to give cudos to the staff again and again. On the downside the better tourist district is Palm Springs and anyone with common sense knows that this is not walkable, you must have a car. I will definitely do this hotel again when I have business in the area. The hot complimentary breakfast was also a plus because the dining room looks out on the pool area and has a good view of the lobby through glass wall/doors.

Room Tip: I would definitely stay away from first floor rooms, but this hotel is quiet and the beds are superb...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This place is really something else. Don't stay here. I have been booking thru Expedia for years and always had good service from Hotels. As soon as they saw my reservation was via Expedia, they placed us on the 1st floor room for disabled guests. This first floor room is next to pool and a side exit. It is really loud and the shower develops puddles on the bathroom floor. I tried to change rooms since I overheard the front desk staff tell a guest that they can move if they like. However, for me, they said 'no' that a got a 'run of the house' room with the 'cheap rate'. How insulting, this was said in front of my wife and other guests. How do you respond to that? We did not want to argue so we left all afternoon to Palm Springs hoping by the time we came back the people at the pool would be gone. The noises continued since the room was by the exit door until 1:30 am or so. Hence, no sleep! No apology was given at any point, in fact, I was told that I should of booked through them. Don't stay here unless you like bad customer service or like being treated like second class guest with no rest.

Room Tip: Don't let them place you on the 1st floor. If they do, just check out. You will get more rest a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Uli G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Uli G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is unfortunate service issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at our hotel. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.

Karen C

Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
The Westin Desert Willow Villas

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)? Share your experiences!