I got a pretty good rate on Hotwire and ended up at my first U.S. Holiday Inn Express.
I would say it was comparable to a Hampton Inn – and didn't disappoint. What made the stay extra special and memorable was the incredible service of the front desk lady, Eva. She was fast, friendly and efficient. When I smelled mildew in my room (from an air conditioner) and my allergies immediately started acting up, Eva quickly found me a really nice (upgraded) room that was perfect.
Throughout the stay, I observed her being very friendly and helpful with guests – and she gave me perfect directions to a meeting I had the next day. Eva was working a “double-shift” but that didn't stop her from flashing a warm smile at every guest.
What also distinguishes the Holiday Inn Express from other chains is the quality of the free breakfast. Real eggs, sausage, bacon, a cool pancake maker, cinnamon rolls, cereal, and more in a very large, friendly space. The Wi-FI was free and worked well and parking was free and plentiful. As for location, while it's a bit of a drive to all the fun of downtown Palm Springs, it's more centrally located and easy to get to Palm Desert and very close to an IMAX theater and nice shopping area.
I definitely would return here – and hope that I'm there on a day when Eva is working.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cathedral City is conveniently located in the heart of Palm Springs Valley. Our Cathedral City Hotel is a resort destination near Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, world class golf courses, spas, casinos, restaurants and shopping. While travelling to our hotel, you will be able to visit the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, Indian Canyon Trails, Spa Casino, Agua Caliente Casino, Cathedral Canyon Golf, PGA West Golf, Cabazon World Premium Outlet Mall, Knotts Soak City, Empire Polo Grounds, El Paseo Shopping District, The Living Desert and Joshua Tree National Park. This Holiday Inn Express Hotel is a host hotel for The Big League Dreams Sports Park. We are just minutes from the Palm Springs International Airport in CA. Also nearby Palm Springs Convention Center, Downtown shopping, restaurants, and Indian Wells Tennis Gardens. All leisure or business guests will enjoy our high speed, wireless and wired Internet and complimentary business center. Come experience our serene outdoor heated pool and whirlpool with a large deck and mountain views. Our hotel also features a workout room. Our 100% smoke free hotel features the comforts of home. From our resort style pool, wonderful cinnamon rolls, cookies in the lobby every evening, and the Simply Smart Bedding Collection, this hotel in Cathedral City, CA is sure to please. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) Hotel Cathedral City
- Holiday Inn Cathedral City
- Cathedral City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) California Desert, CA