we stayed for 2 weeks recently at this resort travelling from the UK. .First impressions were ok, apart from the persistant ladyon the concierge desk insisting we drop by to pick up a car park permit....this procedure will involve you in being talked in to attend a time share presentation with hard sell...dont do it ...the apartment was ok....tired but ok ...Clean and well serviced but in need of up-dating.
we have travelled a lot in Southern California and used this place as a base.The golf course was poor....the clubhouse closed......so if you want a drink or food you need to venture to palm springs or palm dessert since there are only fast food joints in the immediate neighbourhood.....i have one complaint....the pool was noisy with loud music but even worse the water was cloudy on both occasions that we tipped out toes in which means the filtration does not work very well.They have a clubroom where they have a daily programme of rather mindless activities which you will recognise from hospitals for the insane...bless..Most of the clientel was american / hispanic & geriatic, which reflected in what was on offer here.....staff are helpfull and friendly ( apart from the timeshare lady tout ) who left several messages on our answerphone.
all in all not bad since cleanliness is next to goddliness and there are no complaints in that department. If you are looking for a base to tour then this is perfect, but i would hate having to spend every day at the resort.....its not a resort to hang out for any lengh of time.
We ended up here because out favourite resort ( shadow ridge - palm dessert ) was fully booked but by saying that i would tolerate another week if i had no choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resorts Palm Springs boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Welk Resorts Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resorts Palm Springs California Desert/Cathedral City, CA