We stayed here Friday and Saturday night for a weekend with the kids. It is a nice, clean resort and the room we had (one bedroom) was LARGE. It is a smaller property which I actually prefered. We have two boys (9 and 6 years old) and they had fun. The pool is nice but small. Thankfully we went on a hot weekend in June so it was not too crowded, but I could see where this might be a problem any busy weekend. The activity room had two ping pong tables, two pool tables, an air hockey table, and a Wii set up. The boys really liked the acitivity room and honestly, it's the best one we have seen since we started bringing the kids to the Palm Springs area. I would stay here again for a weekend but not a whole week. I think that the kids would have gotten bored if we had stayed even one more day.
The only negatives I have are that when we checked in at 9:00 pm on Friday night they tried to make me meet with the concierge to "pick up" my parking pass. The LAST thing I want after working all day then driving 2 hours in a minivan with two kids is to be blackmailed with a sales pitch in order to get my parking pass. I skipped it and when we left on Sunday we had a note on our car telling us to go the concierge to get our parking pass. Also, as I mentioned, the pool was small and there were no real "amenities" for the kids at the pool; no splash zones, waterslides, etc. I really felt this was a resort geared toward the more mature crowd. (Which I am certain I will very much appreciate when not traveling with the kids!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resorts Palm Springs boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Welk Resorts Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resorts Palm Springs California Desert/Cathedral City, CA