We again stayed here over the cold winter months of the north and again the resort and their employees WOWED us. Between the wonderful activites, housekeeping, maintaince guys, and the front desk, the employees and cleanliness of the resort....those are the main reason that we come back each year and spend a month. Little changes from year to year other than the same employees greet you and that they are always doing improvements to the rooms and grounds. One thing this year that they added a handicap lift in both pools and spa for guests that need a pool lift.
We start our days there by walking in the gated country club next door and get back to do the 10 a.m. aqua fit class in the lap pool (temp of pools is perfect). There are lots of activities for the kids and seniors; from morning walks to wine and cheese bingo, outdoor barbecues for lunch and a new free margarita putting with a lime, for a free drink. Other guests commented that the golf course was in great shape this year with green fees for guests at only 25.00 with cart.
The location of the resort is just perfect, close to 3 grocery stores (trader joes,stater bros, food for less and a walgreens) all within a mile or two. All the suites are the same; 1-bdr units with large bedroom, 2 flat screens with a DVR and an On Demand box, walk in closet w/safe, hall closet and a large bath, patio or balcony, and the kitchen is equipped with everything you might need. My wife and I already made reservations for next year!
The activities people are awesome...super friendly and fun. All the people at the Welk Resort really make this a special place and a home away from home! We look forward to next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resorts Palm Springs boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Welk Resorts Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resorts Palm Springs California Desert/Cathedral City, CA