Let me start by saying we are Welk owners and have stayed at the San Diego and Cabo locations. Although this resort is nothing like the other locations, it is still very family oriented.
We stayed here from June 7-14,2014.
Location is great, not too far away from Palm Springs and area activities.
Check-in was a breeze except for the hassle about their "presentation".
They have an activities lounge connected to the lobby which has a small arcade, 2 pingpong tables, Wii games, 2 pool tables and an air hockey table.
There are scheduled activities daily, mostly for kids.
My kids enjoyed the bear-making and bead-making activities (with a fee).
The 2-storey buildings surround the 2 pools. An adult only lap pool and a small family pool.
The unit has a full kitchen (including an oven and dishwasher), a bedroom with king size bed and a pull out queen sofabed in the living room.
We were disappointed that there was no washer/dryer in the unit but they have a laundry facility next to the activity center.
There are BBQ grills located around the property and about 3-4 next to the pool. There are no restrictions on bringing food/drinks in to the pool area.
Overall, a nice and relaxing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis California Desert/Cathedral City, CA