The Welk Resort Desert Oasis is a nice spot. The premises is well kept and clean. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the room staff is very responsive to any needs. Overall, the staff at this resort was excellent with one exception. The poolside snack bar staff left something to be desired. I guess those individuals don't like their jobs much. It must be where the newest staff members start. The pool staff was not on top of opening umbrellas, handing out fresh towels (which they kept running out of), and the snack bar was slow with service. I did not purchase any cooked food items but did purchased drinks, snow cones, and ice cream. Stick with your own food and drinks would be my recommendation. The pros for this resort is that it is in close proximity to anywhere you'd like to drive to local attraction. The premises is small and cozy so it is a quick walk anywhere within the resort. It is too bad they don't have covered parking stalls and they don't have "real" elevators in the buildings. They have lifts designed for those in a wheelchair. I'd consider going back once they upgrade a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resorts Palm Springs boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Welk Resorts Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resorts Palm Springs California Desert/Cathedral City, CA