“Boulder Course - Unlike any other course in the area”
Review of Cimarron Golf Club

Cimarron Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A rigorous links-style club with two courses: the Long Course is an eighteen-hole championship layout and the Short Course is an eighteen-hole, par-3 design.
Cathedral City, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Boulder Course - Unlike any other course in the area”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Golfers can play the Links designed courses: Boulder (regulation) or Pebble (par 3), and will enjoy the day - if the sun isn't too hot. You see, there are no shade trees on the courses. The staff personnel are outstanding, and will accommodate your needs fully. The driving range and the putting green areas are outstanding. Be sure to give one of the courses a try, but on a hot, sunny, summer day, go out early - like 6 a.m. One thing I do wish - let locals play year around for a bit less greens fee. It's been a while since I played there, but I do pass by often, and see that it's relatively busy, and the course maintenance well done.

Visited December 2012

Denver, Colorado
171 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“Good course but slow play”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was looking for an interesting course layout for a decent rate and Cimarron filled the bill. It is a nice link style course that was in good condition when I played it. The layout wasn't spectacular, but it was nice enough for a course under $70 in November. I probably would have given it 4 stars except for the pace of play. I usually play very early in the morning because I hate slow play, but the day I played there was a Sunday and I couldn't get to the course before 11 am. My round ended up taking over 4 1/2 hours and as far as I could see, the marshal wasn't doing anything to speed up play. The course (Boulder) plays VERY easy and if you are looking for a course to post some low numbers, this is it.

Winnipeg, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great Course”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was our second Trip to Palm Springs, from which we had to revisit Cimarron Golf Club. Nothing has changed, Great Course! From the time we arrived to the end of the round, the staff, setup our Clubs within the Carts, and cleaned the clubs after the round.

The Club House was Great, as well, of course the 19th Hole. The cost was arounf $100.00 for 2 of us, cart included, will be going back upon our nest Palm Springs Visit!

Canmore, Canada
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Great Course”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We played the Boulder course in early November and it was in great shape and well manicured that time of year. We really enjoyed it and found it a good course to play. The weather was great with no winds. The price is okay and if you play later in the day you get twilight rate. The staff are all really friendly and helpful. We will play it again when we go back.

1 Thank suz406
Vancouver Island, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good value, but ......”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Cimmaron has two courses, a short 18 hole (Pebble) that I don't recommend unless you are a beginner or not an avid golfer and an 18 hole course (Boulder) that is full size. Boulder's 18 is a wide open desert course with no trees, good greens and usually well conditioned fairways. So what's wrong with that? As I and others have said it feels like 18 holes of the same hole. I find it repetitive and uninteresting. But some of my golfer friends and some with single digit caps play it and like it. I think mainly because of the great deals they offer. So try it and see if it's to your liking. For me, I played it a couple of times and that's enough.

Visited September 2012