“False Advertisement!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I am a previous Palm Springs residence so I am very familiar with the neighborhood. I recently have to return for business so I book my trip through priceline. I bid on priceline and got this motel. Travelers BEWARE! This is more of like in a category of one star or no star at all. Rundown and sketchy nighborhood. Front desk agent was extremely rude and practically yelling at me when I ask to have double bed and insisted I have to pay more money. There is zero costumer service. When I said please don't slide my card first I would like to make sure you have double bed, she was very rude and yelled back, stated that she needs to slide my card to check for double beds. She demanded I pay more money for double bed. She was very intimidating and felt so unwelcome. Needless to say I lost my money I paid with priceline. However, it is worth the money moving into embassy suits paying for a little bit more rather than staying in a motel with unsafe neighborhood. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Kate2944
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We specifically booked this hotel so our kids could enjoy the pool. When we arrived at 2:45 we were told we couldn't check in until 3 pm although we didn't get our keys until close to 4pm because the rooms were not ready. The pool had no heat, was colder then the Pacific Ocean and there were tons of bees, flies and ants. So now neither child can swim after being in the car for two hours. Our room had a view of the trailer park in the back, the hook lock was hanging off the door, there were long dark hairs on the bathroom door and my daughters feet were black after walking on the carpet. We expect more for $140!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Chris P
Tim C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hello from the Red Lion!

Our goal is to provide top of the line service and a comfortable stay at a great price. It seems like we missed the mark on this one. I apologize for the occurrences during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and will us it to make improvements.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Room stunk, carpet was disgustingly dirty, nasty stains on couch and chairs, bathroom and toilet were not cleaned/hair everywhere, small room, you have to walk sideways to get between the bed & wall. Pillows were very lumpy. There was tagging on the electrical box. Pool area was dirty too. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Rosie P

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed 1 day in this hotel.
It is located near freeway, so it is easy to find and stay.
There are Very Very clean restroom and tower in the room. Also delicious breakfast.
I am satisfied with
I will go there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chustudy
Marsha D, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for the nice comments and please if you need to book another room at our property please email me at marsha@williamryanllc.com or call (760) 324-5939 and I will be happy to set something up for you.

Marsha D
Red Lion

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My first concern was my safety, due to I wanted to be rested and not interrupted by anyone because of the chaos in my life. The staff asured me my name and room number would not b given out to anyone.The rooms are beautiful and made me feel relaxed. I have returned four time since...Overall, it has been wonderful1

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Hello from the Red Lion!

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We strive to provide top of the line customer service and a comfortable stay at a great price. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were very happy with the new Red Lion Inn, we had never stayed there. From the first phone call until we left every staff member was on top aiming to please us as customers. We requested a certain room & we got it, the room was spacious & clean, one of the larger hotel rooms we have stayed in with a comfortable bed. We like the room in the back of the building. We were close to Palm Springs but far away from the crowds.Their breakfast was ready & hot. Many choices form cereals to eggs, bacon, sausage, vegetables & waffles, coffee juices bagels on & on.

Room Tip: We liked the first floor in the back of the building. There is an elevator for the second & thir...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank karen2003

Reviewed 2 January 2014

With mixed reviews, was not sure what to expect. Was pleasantly surprised with the king suite - room was spacious, bed was very comfortable and room was clean and pleasant to stay in. Nice experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela W

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Staybridge Suites Palm Springs Cathedral City Golf Resort
International Hotel & Suites
International Hotel & Suites
#16 of 22 in Palm Desert
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Motel 6 Palm Springs - Rancho Mirage

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City? Share your experiences!