“Only if you are desparate”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
Cathedral City
“Only if you are desparate”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Overall this was a poor excuse for a room. For $150.00 a night I expect much more. The furniture in the room was in poor shape and stained. The bathroom vanity was partly off the wall and cracked. The carpet in the bedroom was dirty. I tried to book another hotel but could not due to the tennis tournament which was in town at the time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Joyce A
Marsha D, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Red Lion Inn, Cathedral City, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel

I came on board to this property about 60 days ago and with the help of the owners, changes are being made to improve the property. Some of the changes are noticed just driving in and others are internal such as staff training.

We take all guest issues seriously and greatly appreciate your comments. Please email me at marsha@williamryanllc.com or call me directly at (760) 324-5939 if you would like to discuss this issue further.

Again, I would like to apologize for the issues during your stay and I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Marsha D.
Red Lion Inn, Cathedral City
Office: 760-324-5939

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I guess you get what you pay for in the Palm Springs area. The hotel was run down, the breakfast layout was badly planned, the light switch in our room did not work, and in general it just felt dirty.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Gloria G
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Room was small for the price for a suite, internet was hard to get. The rooms were really small and shouldnt be called a 2 bedroom suite just because there are 2 doors. It was an older building and the receptionist was unknowledgeable

2 Thank Allison R
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Run down hotel bathtub controls. Broke off in our hands breakfAst stale pastries frozen eggs and bacon defrosted (we know because they told us this!)
Indifferent staff members who'd rather be texting than solving problems noisy rooms off freeway tv channels didn't work and they couldn't fix it

1 Thank Anthony D
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed in a junior suite during one of their busiest weekends and still the hotel staff managed to make us feel welcome and took care of everyone's needs promptly. Although the room was a bit outdated, it was clean and the beds were comfortable. The price was great for a suite with a full breakfast bar.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Sorry to hear about other people's bad experiences, but ours was quite the opposite. First the manager was so kind to hold several boxes for us in his office for several weeks until we arrived. Then upgraded us to a suite because he knew all those boxes wouldn't fit in our double room. The suite was great. 2 bedrooms/2 baths with a common living area in the middle. Had an issue with the tv so called desk. Maintenance was there in 5 min and took care of the problem. Have an issue, call the desk. Breakfast room was fine. Food & coffee was plentiful. No issues with front desk. They had fresh cookies every morning. So, I have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Marsha D, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Cathedral City, CA
May 25 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Red Lion Inn, Cathedral City, thank you so much for your review of our property and hope to see you in the near future.

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,
Marsha
marsha@williamryanllc.com or (760) 324-5939

Red Lion Inn, Cathedral City
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I am a previous Palm Springs residence so I am very familiar with the neighborhood. I recently have to return for business so I book my trip through priceline. I bid on priceline and got this motel. Travelers BEWARE! This is more of like in a category of one star or no star at all. Rundown and sketchy nighborhood. Front desk agent was extremely rude and practically yelling at me when I ask to have double bed and insisted I have to pay more money. There is zero costumer service. When I said please don't slide my card first I would like to make sure you have double bed, she was very rude and yelled back, stated that she needs to slide my card to check for double beds. She demanded I pay more money for double bed. She was very intimidating and felt so unwelcome. Needless to say I lost my money I paid with priceline. However, it is worth the money moving into embassy suits paying for a little bit more rather than staying in a motel with unsafe neighborhood. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Kate2944
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Quality Inn Palm Springs
Quality Inn Palm Springs
#60 of 71 in Palm Springs
Motel 6 Palm Springs - Rancho Mirage
Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City? Share your experiences!