“Not Great”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
“Not Great”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Old hotel, needs remodeling. We stayed with a group of 12 families and seemed everyone had the same experience we did. Broken items not replaced around the hotel. Room Set up was not ideal. Would not stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Denise A
Marsha D, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Cathedral City, CA
May 25 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Red Lion Inn, Cathedral City, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the norm of our hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you because of this.

As a gesture of good will, we request you to kindly accept a 2 night stay, based on availability at our property. Please call or email me at the contact number or email below and I will personally take care of it.

Again, I would like to apologize for any issues that happened during your stay and ask that you accept my sincere apology and will continue to do business with us.

I would like to reassure you of my dedication to make your next visit a more positive experience and look forward to seeing you again in the future. I am working to make changes to make our property and your feed back helps.

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,
marsha@williamryanllc.com or (760) 324-5939

Red Lion Inn, Cathedral City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Beverly Hills, Ca
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here last year and it was terrible. My favorite place, the Travelodge in Cathedral City was sold out last night and I had no choice but to stay here again. What a mistake, I should have slept in my car!! Room was in the back overlooking a trailer park that looked like something out of a movie set. There was hair on my sheets, the toilet was dirty and the room smelled. The people at the front desk were annoyed to check me in, since that meant they had to stop their gossiping about some guest who kept complaining. The supposed hot breakfast was cold and looked like it had been warmed over from days before. This place is a disaster. Take my advice, if you stay in this area go to the Travelodge, a few miles away with a friendly staff and clean rooms!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank chaimyankel
Marsha D, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time.

I came on board to this property about 60 days ago and with the help of my owners, we are making changes to the property some you notice just driving in and others are internal such as staff training.

We take all guest issues seriously and would like to extend an invitation for you to return to our property. Please email me at marsha@williamryanllc.com or call me directly at (760) 324-5939 and I will be happy to set something up for you.

I hope to hear from you in the near future

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were charged $80.00 the first night and $89.00 for the second night. Considering that you are receiving a complimentary breakfast with a value of a least $20.00 that is an exceptional value for two people. The king size bed in the room was very comfortable and the room was very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Cathedral City, CA
May 25 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Red Lion Inn, Cathedral City, Thanking You, for commenting on our property and hope to see you on a return visit.

Yours Sincerely,
marsha@williamryanllc.com or (760) 324-5939

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is my second visit to Redlion,It was a lil hectic this time around they couldn't find my reservation but The FD lady Amara was wonderful, helpful and very funny just a pleasure. She found my reservation and gave a nice room away from road... The Breakfast was wonderful made waffles. I would stay again and I don't know why people give the Hotel a bad wrap its a good Hotel for reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for the kind words to staff and I am so glad that you had a nice stay.

Hope to see you again soon.

Red Lion, Cathedral City
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just a downright dump of a hotel. Dirty and dingy rooms. The first impression that I had when I walked into the room was the overwhelming smell of bug spray that literally burned my eyes and throat. I had to open all the windows and leave for a few hours so I wouldn't breath in the fumes. Not a good first impression. Upon returning later and checking out the room a bit more, I noticed blood on the bathtub, hairs all over the bathroom and bed, and just general dust and grime in every nook and cranny of the room. There were also unidentified yellow splatters on all four walls of the bathroom.

I would've left for another hotel if it weren't for the fact that a horse show and tennis tournament was going on meaning that every other hotel was either fully booked or charging $300 + / night. This was a business trip with a budget so I had to bear it for one night.

I also noticed that it looked as though someone had tried to pry off the window screen... sketchy! Did I mention that this hotel is in the bad part of town right next to a busy highway and in front of a trailer park.

I was awoken at 5:30 in the morning by the loud noise of traffic through the thin windows that even ear plugs couldn't drown out.

The internet was extremely slow when it was working and there is no gym at all.

Breakfast was included but I didn't bother checking it out since the rooms were so dirty, the part that is supposed to represent their hotel to customers ... I was afraid of what their back kitchen and food storage looked like... this might be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at.

Shame on you Red Lion. I know Red Lions are bad but this one is especially so ...

Room Tip: If you have to stay here then ask for a room as far away from the highway as possible. Very noisy an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BusyTravellerSean
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Red Lion Inn, Cathedral City, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel.

Again, I am so sorry that your experience at our property was not up to par. I would like to address a couple of things.
1. The mobile home park behind us is well maintained. Unfortunately I can’t do anything about the mobile home park being behind us.
2. We are on the edge of Rancho Mirage and since I’ve been here we have not had any guest issues with security of the property.
3. There is never a good reason for your room not to have been cleaned properly. This issue has been addressed with the Housekeeping supervisor and staff.
4. We do have a Fitness Center for our guests to use, from 8am-10pm

I came on board to this property about 60 days ago and with the help of the owners, changes are being made to improve the property. Some of the changes are noticed just driving in and others are internal such as staff training for the Front Desk, Housekeeping and Engineering

I hope to hear from you in the near future

We hope you will notice the improvements that have been made and will enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The high points..... 1) the young ladies who checked us in and out were exceptional and, 2) we checked out a day early.
The low points......1) everything else. To start.... the tile floor in the lobby is filthy, which about sums up the appearance of the rest of the facility. Our room was filthy. The maroon colored couch in our room was placed directly in front of the door way for out inconvenience. The couch was stained, had debris all around the piping and smelled. The white trim in the room was dirty. The bathroom counter top needed to be scrubbed. The carpet was worn, stained, and dirty. House keeping was negligent..... shampoo was never replenished, ice bucket never emptied, room not vacuumed, furniture never dusted. The furniture was damaged, and there was peeling paint around the bathroom vent and bottom of the bathroom door. Maintenance was non-existent. The walkways were stained and dirty. They had short brick walls for landscaping, and they were leaning about 20 degrees. Weeds in the cracks of the sidewalks. Paint was missing from various places on the building. One dared not use the pool or spa. The breakfast was a joke. Even though the front desk was told on several occasions that there was no more coffee, orange juice, breakfast foods, etc. no one replaced them. The front desk staff looked like they were homeless...... hair unkept, inappropriate clothing, loud and obnoxious. The breakfast room is very small and fills quickly, so get there early (6:00 a.m.) in order to get a breakfast and find a place to sit. One has a choice of views... the front of the motel looks out over the valley..... and Highway 111 directly in front. The traffic noise is loud unavoidable. The back of the hotel looks out over a trailer park directly into the wall of a mountain about 150 feet away. If I were a representative of Red Lion I would pull the signs down and never go back. This motel simply can't come close to representing the Red Lion's reputation for quality motels/hotels! This is one of the worst places we have ever stayed!!!

Room Tip: Find another motel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Don H
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Overall this was a poor excuse for a room. For $150.00 a night I expect much more. The furniture in the room was in poor shape and stained. The bathroom vanity was partly off the wall and cracked. The carpet in the bedroom was dirty. I tried to book another hotel but could not due to the tennis tournament which was in town at the time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Joyce A
Dear Guest,

I came on board to this property about 60 days ago and with the help of the owners, changes are being made to improve the property. Some of the changes are noticed just driving in and others are internal such as staff training.

We take all guest issues seriously and greatly appreciate your comments. Please email me at marsha@williamryanllc.com or call me directly at (760) 324-5939 if you would like to discuss this issue further.

Again, I would like to apologize for the issues during your stay and I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Staybridge Suites Palm Springs-Cathedral City Golf Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Motel 6 Palm Springs - Rancho Mirage
Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City? Share your experiences!