“Good for the price!!”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel stat was very pleasant the staff was friendly specially the front desk person that checked us in and the person assisting during breakfast. The only oroblem we encounter was that not all the lights were working in the room and our room door did not close all the way, you have to make sure you pull it hard to make sure it closes all the way. Great location!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Tim C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hello from the Red Lion!

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We strive to provide top of the line customer service and a comfortable stay at a great price. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I made a reservation at this Red Lion, asking for a pet friendly room. What I got was a nasty room, the sheets were dirty, the carpet soiled, the lamp was broken, the air conditioner was broken and the bathroom was dirty. I asked for a different room expecting to see the usual Red Lion standard of cleanliness and what I found was just as bad as the previous room but the air conditioner worked and I was too tired to look for a different hotel. I slept in my clothes and did not shower as it was dirty and smelly. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I have stayed at many Red Lions and I look for them because they are consistently nice places to stay. In fact the hotels in Salem Oregon and Sacramento California were great, very clean, very pleasant and pet friendly. But this place is a dump, poorly managed with a lousy breakfast buffet. Do NOT stay here!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE! Rooms are very dirty. The AC does not work very well and it is noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello from the Red Lion!

Our goal is to provide top of the line service and a comfortable stay at a great price. It seems like we missed the mark on this one. I apologize for the occurrences during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and will us it to make improvements.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'll start with the criticisms first. The hotel itself is not physically attractive. If you are looking for a beautiful, scenic hotel, this is not the hotel for you. However, it is comfortable. I don't mean that in a very extravagant/ostentatious way either. The hotel has nice rooms, a good breakfast variety, and a good staff. The hotel is also in a great location with a lot of good restaurants and attractions nearby. Overall, there were a few minor problems that arose but nothing that would provoke huge criticisms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Marsha D, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear sir,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. So, glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is the grossest hotel ever and the front desk staff have the worst attitude's. I booked a 2 bedroom suite 2 month's in advance. Arrived for check in and was told our room was given away. We ended up getting 2 seperate rooms. I'd rather pay a little more money and stay in a room that has a working shower, clean trash cans, no food crumbs all over the bedroom floor and crickets in the bathroom. The floors in the room were so gross that I didn't dare go barefoot. The free breakfast on the weekends is horrible. Other than the waffle's and that's only becuase you pour the batter yourself so it's fresh. The pool and BBQ area are okay. If traveling to PS during the summer months and your looking for a family place to stay or 2-bedroom suite, check out Cimarron Golf Resort. Beautiful place to stay. We rented the 2-bedroom suite with our adult softball team. PLace is huge. Felt like home. As far as Red Lion, I'll never stay at that dump again. And if you do, be very careful at check out. 3 people on our softball team were over charged or charged twice for there rooms. That place needs a major renovation and hire of new freindly staff. That is all. Good day and fun travels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Marsha D, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Good Morning I Marsha the new Hotel Manager and I am so sorry about your stay and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly and handle all your concerns. Please contact me at (760) 324-5939 so we can speak about your concerns.

Thanks You, for your comments.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I needed at place to stay overnight while on a business trip. I checked on travel websites such as Expedia and Hotels.com. The reviews for Red Lion Inn, along with the price, the location which is away from the freeway noise, is what sold me to choose it.

The complimentary breakfast was very decent, good choices. The room was clean. The television is unusually small compared to most hotels, but still nice.

I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Good Morning,
I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and hope to see you back here again soon! Please call me directly for your next reservations.

Red Lion, Cathedral City
Manager
760-324-5939

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Old hotel, needs remodeling. We stayed with a group of 12 families and seemed everyone had the same experience we did. Broken items not replaced around the hotel. Room Set up was not ideal. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise A

Cathedral City, CA
May 25 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Red Lion Inn, Cathedral City, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the norm of our hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you because of this.

As a gesture of good will, we request you to kindly accept a 2 night stay, based on availability at our property. Please call or email me at the contact number or email below and I will personally take care of it.

Again, I would like to apologize for any issues that happened during your stay and ask that you accept my sincere apology and will continue to do business with us.

I would like to reassure you of my dedication to make your next visit a more positive experience and look forward to seeing you again in the future. I am working to make changes to make our property and your feed back helps.

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,
marsha@williamryanllc.com or (760) 324-5939

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here last year and it was terrible. My favorite place, the Travelodge in Cathedral City was sold out last night and I had no choice but to stay here again. What a mistake, I should have slept in my car!! Room was in the back overlooking a trailer park that looked like something out of a movie set. There was hair on my sheets, the toilet was dirty and the room smelled. The people at the front desk were annoyed to check me in, since that meant they had to stop their gossiping about some guest who kept complaining. The supposed hot breakfast was cold and looked like it had been warmed over from days before. This place is a disaster. Take my advice, if you stay in this area go to the Travelodge, a few miles away with a friendly staff and clean rooms!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank chaimyankel

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Red Lion Inn, Cathedral City, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel

We strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time.

I came on board to this property about 60 days ago and with the help of my owners, we are making changes to the property some you notice just driving in and others are internal such as staff training.

We take all guest issues seriously and would like to extend an invitation for you to return to our property. Please email me at marsha@williamryanllc.com or call me directly at (760) 324-5939 and I will be happy to set something up for you.

I hope to hear from you in the near future

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Marsha D.
Office: 760-324-5939

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Staybridge Suites Palm Springs Cathedral City Golf Resort
Quality Inn Palm Springs
Quality Inn Palm Springs
#64 of 75 in Palm Springs
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City? Share your experiences!