“Great Menu, Friendly Staff, Upscale”
Review of Cello's Restaurant

Cello's Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 133 Restaurants in Cathedral City
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cello's Bistro is a small upscale restaurant: That serves fresh house made dishes. With a Mediterranean style food from Italian,American comfort foods. Featuring House made dressings and deserts
Palm Desert,CA
“Great Menu, Friendly Staff, Upscale”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I'd never been to Cello's because it's a bit out of the way for me, but was very pleasantly
surprised when I ate there with friends last night. It was a "dog benefit" and we are all dog lovers. I ordered a trout stuffed with crab, green beans accompanying; great to see trout on the menu. The dessert was a bread pudding with a carmel sauce mixed in...yum. The proprietor came to welcome us and ask about our meal, nice gesture. There is some outdoor seating but it's right on the parking lot, so I'd ask for a table inside. Prices are fair, $24 for the trout. Only negative was they forgot to bring my glass of wine...

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Offthebeatenpath011
BonnieCello, Owner at Cello's Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Sorry for my delay in responding to your to your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback. We know you have many dining choices in the Valley and we really appreciate your business. Hope to see you again soon.

Surrey Uk
“Worthy relatively new addition to Cathedral City dining”
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Don't be put off by the strip mall surroundings this relatively new addition to the Cathedral City Dining scene has a very pleasant interior ambience indeed. Friendly and helpful staff. A rather strange combination starter of Shrimp and roasted cauliflower - excellent shrimp but what was with the cauliflower - not complimentary at all and let the meal down somewhat. Opted for the pork chop well cooked flavoured and presented. For a restaurant which gives limoncello lessons, perhaps a more italian feel to the menu would not be amiss. Homemade lemoncello - southern style with a deep yellow colour finished the meal - a very mean quantity I am afraid for $9 - in Europe this would be given to customers as a free digestivo after the meal - a little profiteering here I think but delicious nevertheless. A pleasant meal if somewhat overpriced and I would not eliminate a further visit. Borderline 3-4 star for me but gave them the benefit of the doubt for effort and ambience.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Nigel C
Portland, OR
“Best meal of the trip!”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I did a bit of research before this trip for a place that was primarily reviewed for their food. As this would be my birthday dinner - I wanted a delicious meal. Though about 20 minutes from downtown Palm Springs - this is worth the drive.

We had the wedge salad and the beet salad to start - very good - the wedge salad was great. I had the shrimp stuffed fish and my husband had the short ribs. Both of us cleared our plates. Really delicious! We split a lemon tart for dessert. Service was great - we'd return again on our next vacation to the area.

Visited March 2013
Portland, OR
“Small plate paradise”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This lovely restaurant in the midst of a former shopping mall is a perfect oasis of ambiance, great service and superb food. The wine selection is varied and affordable - the lemon drinks are stellar. This is a place where the owners circulate regularly to interact with guests and servers - after a couple of visits you are treated like family. A definite favorite of mine.

• Visited March 2013
Pasco, Washington
“Cello's a must”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Don't miss a chance to dine at Cello's in Cathedral City, CA! Excellent dining and service with plenty of locals, every night. Good value! And be sure to take the limoncello making class on Saturday - $50/person with a light dish + a limoncello woopie pie + your own jar of limoncello in progress. Excellent!

• Visited January 2013